Barack Obama Ad. What in the world?

This is a discussion on Barack Obama Ad. What in the world? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Paymeister Well, here's another view: for every buck Obama spends buying ad space here, he's not spending it somewhere where it might ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Barack Obama Ad. What in the world?

  1. #31
    Member Array paching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kissimmee, Florida
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Well, here's another view: for every buck Obama spends buying ad space here, he's not spending it somewhere where it might result in votes. OK by me.
    I agree with Paymeister, I really don't think he's profiting from us, bring on those liberal adds, the more he spend here the more he wastes.
    accessbob likes this.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Senior Member
    Array Philly Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio.
    Posts
    1,109
    In case you guys haven't noticed it, The Pres. has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stifle guns or ammo: NOTHING! SO give him a break, I'm a gun guy, an INDEPENDENT voter, and I don't hate the Pres. I didn't throw crap at him, so I'm really stymied as to why the Pres. gets all this, day after day. You guys better have aspirin on hand because Mitt hasn't got a chance. And if he succeeds, you can kiss goodbye to what once was the Middle Class!
    Hopyard and Sig 210 like this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

    " The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

  4. #33
    Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    In case you guys haven't noticed it, The Pres. has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to stifle guns or ammo: NOTHING! SO give him a break, I'm a gun guy, an INDEPENDENT voter, and I don't hate the Pres. I didn't throw crap at him, so I'm really stymied as to why the Pres. gets all this, day after day. You guys better have aspirin on hand because Mitt hasn't got a chance. And if he succeeds, you can kiss goodbye to what once was the Middle Class!
    You obviously do not judge a man by the company he keeps.

    I'll start a list and maybe others will finish it:

    1.) Eric Holder - http://www.barackobama4us.com/88/bar...torney-general
    2.) Greg Nickles - http://personalliberty.com/2010/09/2...y-2-800075446/


    EDIT: Also for your viewing pleasure - http://www.goal.org/newspages/obama_2anews.html
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Array Philly Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio.
    Posts
    1,109
    And I guess you forget all the Bush guys who wound up in jail, indicted;left us with two wars and no money to pay for them. And I almost forgot, silly me, a financial collapse on his watch that almost took down the USA and, oh, did I forget to mention 9/11? How easy to forget that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch AFTER BEING WARNED that something was going to happen. So much for selective memory! You guys really do live in LaLa Land. I don't mean to get too personal; I would most likely like each and every one of you given a chance to meet. But you never give the Pres, a break and I find that very hard to understand. Even his predecessor got a break, now and then. Didn't he?
    Hopyard likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

    " The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

  6. #35
    Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    And I guess you forget all the Bush guys who wound up in jail, indicted;left us with two wars and no money to pay for them. And I almost forgot, silly me, a financial collapse on his watch that almost took down the USA and, oh, did I forget to mention 9/11? How easy to forget that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch AFTER BEING WARNED that something was going to happen. So much for selective memory! You guys really do live in LaLa Land. I don't mean to get too personal; I would most likely like each and every one of you given a chance to meet. But you never give the Pres, a break and I find that very hard to understand. Even his predecessor got a break, now and then. Didn't he?
    Because I despise a man in power who has a core belief that betrays what I see as one of the most fundamental and necessary rights a person could have? Let me tell you, Obama could fix the national debt, drop gas prices to almost nothing, and set up a program that gives every American that works more than 35 hours a week a monthly $100 check just for being awesome....and I'd still dislike the guy. So to recap, because I feel like you don't realize that this has nothing to do with George Bush, and any president before him...because of Obama's stance on the second amendment and, hell, the Constitution in general...I DO NOT like him.
    ptco911 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

  7. #36
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    And I guess you forget all the Bush guys who wound up in jail, indicted;left us with two wars and no money to pay for them. And I almost forgot, silly me, a financial collapse on his watch that almost took down the USA and, oh, did I forget to mention 9/11? How easy to forget that 9/11 happened on Bush's watch AFTER BEING WARNED that something was going to happen. So much for selective memory! You guys really do live in LaLa Land. I don't mean to get too personal; I would most likely like each and every one of you given a chance to meet. But you never give the Pres, a break and I find that very hard to understand. Even his predecessor got a break, now and then. Didn't he?
    Forget the thing about 9/11 OK. Every president gets briefed and is warned about possible threats. Most folks that blame Bush for ignoring a warning do not know all the facts and how the PDF (presidents daily bried) is comprised. Part of the PDF in Aug 01 stated that Bin Laden was determined to strike the US. In fact, in the declassified portion of the PDB it says that intel could not collaborate any information about hijacking acft. And it is easy to say that the Clinton admin warned the Bush administration but they did not take any measures to help the intelligence community to prevent such an action.
    The reason why 9/11 happened was because the intel agencies, dod, and LE could not easily share information, if at all. I know. It was my job. So, unless you worked intel at various levels, and with different agencies for 22 years I suggest you leave your comments to yourself until you know what you are talking about.I think Bush was a terrible president. But if you post something you better get your facts straight. I am sick of this administration blaming everything on Bush. After 3 years he is now responsible.

    If you want we can discuss about Iraq and WMDs' I am sure you have all the answers (which are most likely wrong)
    Ever been in the military? What would you think of a new commander or First Sergeant that took over a company or squadron and the only thing he did when things did not go right was blame the former leader? I would think the man is a twit, has no leadership abilities.
    ptco911 likes this.

  8. #37
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,597
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Forget the thing about 9/11 OK. Every president gets briefed and is warned about possible threats. Most folks that blame Bush for ignoring a warning do not know all the facts and how the PDF (presidents daily bried) is comprised. Part of the PDF in Aug 01 stated that Bin Laden was determined to strike the US. In fact, in the declassified portion of the PDB it says that intel could not collaborate any information about hijacking acft. And it is easy to say that the Clinton admin warned the Bush administration but they did not take any measures to help the intelligence community to prevent such an action.
    The reason why 9/11 happened was because the intel agencies, dod, and LE could not easily share information, if at all. I know. It was my job. So, unless you worked intel at various levels, and with different agencies for 22 years I suggest you leave your comments to yourself until you know what you are talking about.I think Bush was a terrible president. But if you post something you better get your facts straight. I am sick of this administration blaming everything on Bush. After 3 years he is now responsible.

    If you want we can discuss about Iraq and WMDs' I am sure you have all the answers (which are most likely wrong)
    Ever been in the military? What would you think of a new commander or First Sergeant that took over a company or squadron and the only thing he did when things did not go right was blame the former leader? I would think the man is a twit, has no leadership abilities.
    Part in bold--- answer kinda depends doesn't it on what the former leader did or failed to do.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  9. #38
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Part in bold--- answer kinda depends doesn't it on what the former leader did or failed to do.
    No it does not! Ok, let me back up. If the commander or leader is relieved for cause then it has to be addressed to the troops. That is common sense In fact, it would be poor leadership to not address it. But that is done immediately. After that you don't keep reminding folks that you inherited a bad situation. If the PT scores do not go up in 3 months then it is the new leaders fault. If soldiers are still drunk driving, it is the new leaders fault. Point is, you address it once. Then not anymore.
    Not to dog other services but I have had this conversation with folks from all branches. The army and marine guys I know agree with me about leadership. Or should I say we all agree on a leadership style. The Navy and AF folks I know thinnk it is OK to remind folks up and down the chain of command that they inherited a bad situation

  10. #39
    Senior Member
    Array Philly Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio.
    Posts
    1,109
    My point precisely! Too many people have their minds already made up. Have you listened to Cheney lately? Blames Obama for almost everything wrong in the USA. Never takes responsibility for anything. Oh, and remember it was one of Bush's top guys who outed the CIA agent. So easy to forget that, isn't it! Well never agree on this, so enjoy the world without the Middle Class , but don't wake up one day and wonder what happened to this great country OF OURS.
    P.S. And don't think a ruinous four years with a broken economy can be fixed in 3-4 years? Most top notch economists say it will take from 5-10 years to fix this mess. So, yes, I am going to blame Bush, Cheney and all their guys because this is NOT the military and the economy is a totally different ball of wax. Obama inherited a mess and, with the Republicans doing nothing else but all they can do to bring down the Pres., you are welcome to whatever we get from this: and it won't be good for ANY of us. So dislike the Pres. all you want.What are you willing to do to get us on a positive course?
    Hopyard likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

    " The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

  11. #40
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,820
    Let me clarify a point I just made. When I was comparing services I did not mean to imply every Officer and NCO in the services have the same mentality. Just in my expereince with the AF and Navy they have a more corporate attitude toward leadership than the marines and army. There are fine leaders in all services and duds in others. And I have worked closely with all 4.

  12. #41
    Senior Member Array Sig35seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,115
    Obama ads or Romney ads...what's the difference? Last I checked this is a CC forum NOT the Republican right wing forum (as some believe it is) or the Democratic left wing forum so either ad should be welcome revenue.
    DontTreadOnI and Philly Boy like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

  13. #42
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    My point precisely! Too many people have their minds already made up. Have you listened to Cheney lately? Blames Obama for almost everything wrong in the USA. Never takes responsibility for anything. Oh, and remember it was one of Bush's top guys who outed the CIA agent. So easy to forget that, isn't it! Well never agree on this, so enjoy the world without the Middle Class , but don't wake up one day and wonder what happened to this great country OF OURS.
    What is your point exactly/ I was retorting to your comment about 9/11. And as far as blaming others, it does happen in all administrations. And it is wrong. But to make it even worse is when it comes from the lips of the sitting president himself. He can not go a week without blaming bush. As far as Cheney, he ismaking those comments after he is out of office. Do you even know what leadership means?

    Yo haven't addressed one point I made. The 9/11 part and the leadership part. So don;t say 'exactly again.

  14. #43
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,597
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    No it does not! Ok, let me back up. If the commander or leader is relieved for cause then it has to be addressed to the troops. That is common sense In fact, it would be poor leadership to not address it. But that is done immediately. After that you don't keep reminding folks that you inherited a bad situation. If the PT scores do not go up in 3 months then it is the new leaders fault. If soldiers are still drunk driving, it is the new leaders fault. Point is, you address it once. Then not anymore.
    Not to dog other services but I have had this conversation with folks from all branches. The army and marine guys I know agree with me about leadership. Or should I say we all agree on a leadership style. The Navy and AF folks I know thinnk it is OK to remind folks up and down the chain of command that they inherited a bad situation
    Your analogy doesn't really hold up at all. You are comparing a system in which there is clear authority and a single
    chain of command and responsibility with a system in which there are multiple players and responsibility is diffuse.

    A president can't snap his fingers and change a law. He must obey existing law. He must follow through on prior international
    commitments. He is hamstrung by both Congress and the Courts.

    I don't care whether it was O over promising change, or Romney now over promising change, they will be hamstrung
    by "what is" and that justifies blaming those who made "what is."
    Philly Boy likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  15. #44
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Your analogy doesn't really hold up at all. You are comparing a system in which there is clear authority and a single
    chain of command and responsibility with a system in which there are multiple players and responsibility is diffuse.

    A president can't snap his fingers and change a law. He must obey existing law. He must follow through on prior international
    commitments. He is hamstrung by both Congress and the Courts.

    I don't care whether it was O over promising change, or Romney now over promising change, they will be hamstrung
    by "what is" and that justifies blaming those who made "what is."
    Well, we will have to disagree on this. Just out of curiosity, were you in the AF or navy LOL. Sorry, just kidding. I just have never seen a president make so many references to a past president while sitting in office. Bush could have called out the Clinton administration for not going after Bin Laden when he had the intel and oppurtunity to get him. He did not. He could have blamed Clinton for not passing a law to coordinate LE and Dod and Intel collection after the first WTC bombing, the Cole, the bomibgs of embassies in in Africa. He did not. If you think that is leadership after 3 years then that is cool. In my book it is not. I do not mind the usual political bs.
    What bothers me is when someone post something about 9/11 and can not back up his claim. Opinions are fine. You and I agree and disgree sometimes. But at leaast you address a post directly.

  16. #45
    VIP Member
    Array WHEC724's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    6,448
    Many of us have held positions where our predecessor screwed things up, and it can take years to correct things. Even at our level, most of us are professional enough to assume responsibility for our role and take on the job at hand, without constantly directing blame.

    It reflects poorly on POTUS to not at least have this basic quality of character.
    suntzu, msgt/ret and TheShadow like this.
    __________________________________
    'Clinging to my guns and religion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

1911forum obama ad

Click on a term to search for related topics.