Barack Obama Ad. What in the world?

This is a discussion on Barack Obama Ad. What in the world? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 Many of us have held positions where our predecessor screwed things up, and it can take years to correct things. Even ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Barack Obama Ad. What in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Many of us have held positions where our predecessor screwed things up, and it can take years to correct things. Even at our level, most of us are professional enough to assume responsibility for our role and take on the job at hand, without constantly directing blame.

It reflects poorly on POTUS to not at least have this basic quality of character.
    Thank you for saying what I was trying to say so simply!
    DontTreadOnI and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Many of us have held positions where our predecessor screwed things up, and it can take years to correct things. Even at our level, most of us are professional enough to assume responsibility for our role and take on the job at hand, without constantly directing blame.

It reflects poorly on POTUS to not at least have this basic quality of character.
    Not in the least. When you are being blamed for things which aren't even true; libeled about your
    birth and much more, where does the character flaw actually exist, in the libelers, I think.

We need to bring back the Sedition Act of 1798 for a temporary period of about 7 years-- enough time to
    let 3 congressional election cycles and one presidential election cycle go by without the pernicious
    and malicious lies which are perpetrated on the internet, the cable stations, and by pamphleteers with no morals.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Not in the least. When you are being blamed for things which aren't even true; libeled about your
    birth and much more, where does the character flaw actually exist, in the libelers, I think.

We need to bring back the Sedition Act of 1798 for a temporary period of about 7 years-- enough time to
    let 3 congressional election cycles and one presidential election cycle go by without the pernicious
    and malicious lies which are perpetrated on the internet, the cable stations, and by pamphleteers with no morals.
    I agree the libelers have issues. But last time I checked they are not the President. How does that excuse his behaviour? Hop, guess you just have a totally different view about leadership and what it means at ANY level. I had to take over for a platoon when I was at Ft. Hood. I was a lowly SGT e-5, the slot is for a SFC/E7. The guy got relived and I was put there untill they could get someone of the appropriate rank. I could have used my inexperience, or rank, or age as an excuse for not being the 'best' a Platoon Sergeant could be. So could have my supervisors. They held me accountable to the standard of my position. That is the important part. I could have also have laid the blame on my predescessor and have said I did not have enough time to turn the platoon around in 3 months. I did not. I stood up to the plate, faced the responsibilities of the POSITION, without any excuses or pointing blame. In fact, I maxed out my NCOER I am not patting myself on the back. I am saluting all of those that take responsibility for the position they occupy without pointing blame. Those are the true leaders in the world. If a lowly 24 year old SGT can do it. Why can not the 'leader' of our country? Just saying. The President ran for office, knowing what the situation was. He can not use the blame game at this point.
    Crowbait likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar

An act that was declared unconstitutional 210 years ago? Why of course.
    suntzu and kaboomkaboom like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Let me tell you, Obama could fix the national debt, drop gas prices to almost nothing, and set up a program that gives every American that works more than 35 hours a week a monthly $100 check just for being awesome....and I'd still dislike the guy.
    I really think that's unreasonable! I mean, if the person really did deliver that much, it would be worth giving him kudos. I mean, honestly!
    Cheap gas, stable national debt, and extra cash? That would make our lives much, much better! C'mon! :D
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I really think that's unreasonable! I mean, if the person really did deliver that much, it would be worth giving him kudos. I mean, honestly!
    Cheap gas, stable national debt, and extra cash? That would make our lives much, much better! C'mon! :D
    I always give credit where credit is due. I'm talking about not liking him because of what his beliefs are.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I want Obama or any president to succeed. For someone to not want that is ridiculous. But for me, I would not respect the man no matter what he did. But I want America to prosper. I am staying away from specific issues I have with him because I don't want this to be a political discussion. I am referring to the man as a poor leader, a self centered person, and someone who will take responsibility for his actions and uses everybody else to blame if things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I always give credit where credit is due. I'm talking about not liking him because of what his beliefs are.
    Yeah, I get that. We have to distinguish between what a person does and what they do for us.
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

VIP Member

This is mis-direction, Hopy. Every president has had the population talk trash about them. This is not the point that we're discussing. I was supporting Suntzu's point that this POTUS has demonstrated an alarming lack of accountability.

In your statement above, you suggest that POTUS is justified in continually blaming the previous administration because people say mean things about him? Really?

I DO NOT like the way Obama is doing the job...I DID NOT like the way Bush was doing the Job....I AM an equal opportunity hater..."You take Sally, I'll take Sue..."..... Very little difference between the two
    suntzu and DontTreadOnI like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    I DO NOT like the way Obama is doing the job...I DID NOT like the way Bush was doing the Job....I AM an equal opportunity hater...
    I'm not nearly as concerned about the last guy as I am the next guy.
    DontTreadOnI and msgt/ret like this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm not nearly as concerned about the last guy as I am the next guy.
    Oh, I am certain I will dislike the next guy too...Both parties that we really have to choose from are 2 sides of the same coin...

snip ~~ I was supporting Suntzu's point that this POTUS has demonstrated an alarming lack of accountability.~~ snip
    Not only a lack of accountability but also an alarming lack of respect for our Military and Constitution.
    Obama now has the distinction of being the First President to give out the Medal of Honor to three Living recipients without Saluting a single one.
    This link is to his first.
    WHY NO PRESIDENTIAL SALUTE BY OBAMA AT MEDAL OF HONOR CEREMONY? | Clark County Conservative
    DontTreadOnI and ptco911 like this.
    Lets Unite and REMIND our Government that WE are the source of their authority and that WE demand our Rights be returned, Unabridged, Non-infringed, without denial or disparagement.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links