Political content on this forum

This is a discussion on Political content on this forum within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Bumper No biggie, DblTap, they do expire.... After a '10 year' term they do expire......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Political content on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    No biggie, DblTap, they do expire....
    After a '10 year' term they do expire...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

2. Remove Ads

Maybe set up a Political jar. When somebody goes over the line they must put some money in the jar. Who do I send the money in advance to?

I applaud your efforts to limit the forum to non-political matters.

I've noticed a lot of signatures and avatars that make strong political statements as well. If you are going to edit the inappropriate remarks, I think you should go for those as well. (when I mentioned this in a earlier thread, my remarks were removed by an administrator that happened to have a very strongly worded signature)
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    After a '10 year' term they do expire...
    Nope. 6mos.

Don't ask me how I know this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Nope. 6mos.

Don't ask me how I know this.
    Some expire at 2 months, some at 6 months and one I think at a year. There are a couple that never expire for the real bad boys and girls....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Question

You're good at this point. What I did fail to mention, though, is that there is this thing called a "custom infraction" that we use for repeat offenders, where we double the points for every identical infraction. That can get you past Go real quick....
    Is that like DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION?

Bump? How many points do I have?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Bump? How many points do I have?
    None, see this thread on how to find out your status.:http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-question.html

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Some expire at 2 months, some at 6 months.

Don't suppose I could trade in one 6 month for 3 concurrent 2 monthers? Hypothetically, of course. Just for future reference.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    Don't suppose I could trade in one 6 month for 3 concurrent 2 monthers? Hypothetically, of course. Just for future reference.
    No.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

If you post a political thread or post outside of the "Obama wins" thread, you need to know two things are going to happen. The post/thread will be deleted. You will earn a 10-point infraction. Added to any past infractions you may have earned, you need to know that 50 points will automatically get you banned.
    ...there is this thing called a "custom infraction" that we use for repeat offenders
    Some expire at 2 months, some at 6 months and one I think at a year. There are a couple that never expire for the real bad boys and girls....
    This thread is the first time I ever saw anything about a demerit point system here. I checked my profile, apparently I don't have any current demerit points. I wonder if I ever had any.

I just re-read the forum rules and if there was anything there about these points, I missed it. I don't understand why the forum rules do not cover this subject in detail.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    This thread is the first time I ever saw anything about a demerit point system here. I checked my profile, apparently I don't have any current demerit points. I wonder if I ever had any.

I just re-read the forum rules and if there was anything there about these points, I missed it. I don't understand why the forum rules do not cover this subject in detail.
    You have never had any infraction points. We usually give a warning (no points) on a first infraction, unless you intentionally break a rule. That is normally how members learn about it. We have, though, discussed it in the forum a number of times before now. It's very much a "if the shoe fits" kind of thing, though. If you mind the rules, it should be of no concern. Political discussions, however, except where they pertain to our focus, has always been against our rules:

9. We have learned from bitter experience that discussions of certain subjects (politics, religion, abortion, sexual orientation, etc) often degenerate quickly. For this reason, we generally discourage these subjects in our discussions. We also discourage "caliber wars" and the virtues of "open carry" topic; strongly encouraging you to take these discussions to other forums where these topics are the focus.
    The infraction system is a tool, and not a rule, so they are not covered in the rules....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I have no problem with keeping politiics in the forum specific place for it.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Thanks Bumper.

I come here to read about defensive carry and guns. It's my respite from all the politics and nonsense.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Understood and will follow suit.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Member Array Gun Loving Liveral's Avatar
    I only post on 3 or 4 forums on all the internet. All of those boards are kept civilized by good moderators or administrators. It's a shame when a bunch of trolls try and spoil it for everybody. I am very glad that won't happen here. Keep us all in line, Bumper. I appreciate the efforts.
    In Oklahoma, even we liberals like guns!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links