Duplicate News Threads

This is a discussion on Duplicate News Threads within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; One thing I've noticed here is that whenever there is some notable news story, there are always four or five threads that start up from ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tubadude

Thread: Duplicate News Threads

Duplicate News Threads

One thing I've noticed here is that whenever there is some notable news story, there are always four or five threads that start up from it (a good example would be the recent news regarding Bank of America and McMillan). A music and audio gear forum I'm a member of recently activated a feature that searched existing threads for keywords in the title and showed them above the New Thread box to show that there might be something already out there that is addressing whatever the potential OP has. For example, if someone started another thread titled "BoA and McMillan," the forum software would automatically search for anything relevant to BoA or McMillan and show a box with the 10 or so most relevant threads, probably including anything already running on the issue. Both this site and the other one are running vBulletin, so I imagine it could exist here.

Just a thought.
    Pkupmn98 and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

Links