How about a sub forum for the Ladies

This is a discussion on How about a sub forum for the Ladies within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm not a Lady but my wife is and would be cool to see a sub forum specific to women....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How about a sub forum for the Ladies

I'm not a Lady but my wife is and would be cool to see a sub forum specific to women.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

*Looks around*

I thought we had one! Shows how much I pay attention. Must have gotten mixed up with the Ladies' board on the elsie pea forum
    Justified likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Is there really anything specific to women that can't be discussed in one of the sub forums we already have?

I really don't see a need for it.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Not trying to be rude, but why? I feel like they are on the same level as the rest of us and enjoy their input as much as everyone else's.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Well mainly for organization. Search functions are sometimes not accurate and topics specific to women won't get mixed up in a lot of other topics that come out. Gun choices, carry methods, clothing, etc are all specific to women.
    LikePinkGuns likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Are you promoting segregation?
    I was under the impression that we needed less, not more of this? :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

LOL.. haha
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    Well mainly for organization. Search functions are sometimes not accurate and topics specific to women won't get mixed up in a lot of other topics that come out. Gun choices, carry methods, clothing, etc are all specific to women.
    First, gun choice is not specific to women in any way whatsoever. If you put 100 women in the room you'll get preference for anything from a .22 to a full size 1911 I'm sure, just like men.

Carry methods vary somewhat, but there's a forum for that already. I'm sure if you search for 'skirt' you won't find many threads relating to men's carry preferences, although you may find some. :)

I applaud the enthusiasm, I just don't think there's a need to break it down that far because you run the risk of breaking it down to a point there's little to no information being shared.

I guess. It was just a thought.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

VIP Member
    I do see how carry and self defense issues for women can be unique.

If she hasn't yet, you might want to point Mrs. RubenZ to Cornered Cat
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    I guess. It was just a thought.
    Don't lose hope, maybe things have changed - nobody has replied yet with any sort of power to make or break the idea, but it has been brought up in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I applaud the enthusiasm, I just don't think there's a need to break it down that far because you run the risk of breaking it down to a point there's little to no information being shared.
    There may be more ladies here than on the elsie pea forum, but I think this is an issue over there. I think I saw one other lady in the Ladies' Boards and it was rare that I posted in anything that was exclusive to being female. It was pretty dusty.

On the other hand, it made it very easy to check up on. I think if I were to post a skirt queston on the carry boards here it might fall to the bottom and get lost pretty quickly if no ladies happened to be on the forum right as I was posting. With the Ladies' Board it could still fall to the bottom of the new threads (out of the guys' way), but when another lady comes on and checks the ladyboard, the skirt question would be right up top and unaswered.

I subscribe to Cornered Cat, but other than that I honestly can't stand most womens' defense groups. I've been on a few forums and Facebook groups and the "self-empowered" catiness is unbelievable. I'll stick with the guys.

ETA: I guess to clarify I think it'd be nice to organize and get our lady-questions answered, but not necessary. If all else fails, we just bump the thread 'til someone helpful sees it Thanks RubenZ for the idea and consideration!
    Last edited by lyz_grace; May 7th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Thats why i suggested it. For organizational purposes and to keep it easy for other ladies to see.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

I see no reason for a separate forum for women. I find that this one gives me all I need. I check out the Cornered Cat, but mainly come here. A separate forum for the "little woman" seems rather condescending to me. IMO
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Wouldn't they have to come out of the kitchen to participate?

Anybody who knows me ... knows that was tongue in cheek....

Having a separate area for women wouldn't really hurt... but I really don't see the need... nor do I see it as condescension.. Just unnecessary.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links