It's sad when...

This is a discussion on It's sad when... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; You're on forums so long that you almost quote a former post from years ago to argue a point with... yourself. I guess opinions can ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By mlr1m
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 1 Post By Spirit51
  • 2 Post By WHEC724
  • 1 Post By nedrgr21

Thread: It's sad when...

It's sad when...

You're on forums so long that you almost quote a former post from years ago to argue a point with... yourself.

I guess opinions can change

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    You're on forums so long that you almost quote a former post from years ago to argue a point with... yourself.

I guess opinions can change
    Its called learning. Lets hope we never stop.

Michael
    Sig35seven, JD, atctimmy and 4 others like this.

I kinda had that experience. I said in 2009 that I didn't like pink guns for me. I still am not a fan of bright baby pink guns as a personal choice...too bright. Hubby got me a raspberry and black LCP and I love it. I like the more dark rose or raspberry color as a personal choice....more muted. I had forgotten about the 2009 comment until I started looking at the thread when it came back lately. It was interesting to me to see it.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    My attitudes regarding open carry have changed immensely as a result of my time here.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Yep, in my short time here I have learned way more than I could ever hope to contribute to these forums. My experience with firearms was almost exclusively hunting until I started carrying, and I'll be honest with you I learn new things here every day.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I kinda had that experience. I said in 2009 that I didn't like pink guns for me. I still am not a fan of bright baby pink guns as a personal choice...too bright. Hubby got me a raspberry and black LCP and I love it. I like the more dark rose or raspberry color as a personal choice....more muted. I had forgotten about the 2009 comment until I started looking at the thread when it came back lately. It was interesting to me to see it.
    We do change with time when you read enough posts and make better decisions. As far as the color of a gun goes IF it makes someone want to shoot/carry more I am all for it. Some people like a more personalized gun and we find this in woman a lot… look at underwear… most men wear white and woman’s underwear is colorful

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    We do change with time when you read enough posts and make better decisions. As far as the color of a gun goes IF it makes someone want to shoot/carry more I am all for it. Some people like a more personalized gun and we find this in woman a lot… look at underwear… most men wear white and woman’s underwear is colorful
    Don't get me wrong. I think if a person wants a neon green weapon...that is their choice and would never second guess them. As I said several times....the bright baby pink is not MY PERSONAL CHOICE. I don't think I ever disrespected anyone else for their choice.

BTW....hubby has some different colors of underwear and a really festive pair of silk Sponge Bob boxers what were a gift. To each their own.
    goldshellback likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I think if a person wants a neon green weapon...that is their choice and would never second guess them. As I said several times....the bright baby pink is not MY PERSONAL CHOICE. I don't think I ever disrespected anyone else for their choice.

BTW....hubby has some different colors of underwear and a really festive pair of silk Sponge Bob boxers what were a gift. To each their own.
    I almost got the PT22 with the highlighter yellow frame yesterday. But, the mag dropped the same as the all black one. Eh..
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Having an open mind and being willing to hear other view points is very important, you might just learn something, I know I do. And if you're not learning, you're not evolving/growing as a person.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Having an open mind and being willing to hear other view points is very important, you might just learn something, I know I do. And if you're not learning, you're not evolving/growing as a person.
    Which is why I've learned to occasionally bite my tongue on subjective topics. There are a few members here that I once despised that I now very much respect. The forum rules accompanied by faithful moderators, very much cultivate this environment and I believe is what sets this board apart from all others.
    shooterX and glockman10mm like this.

Learning and an open mind is always a good thing.

It would only be sad if you steadfastly refused to even consider different ways of looking at things or new ways just b/c it's not how you were taught in the past.
    shooterX likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Learning and an open mind is always a good thing.

It would only be sad if you steadfastly refused to even consider different ways of looking at things or new ways just b/c it's not how you were taught in the past.
    Very true, unfortunately there are many whom refuse to learn and grow.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Up until a few years ago, I was one of those people who didn't want to be around guns knowingly. I swore I would never carry, own, or shoot one. My husband changed my views and opinions when he sat down and "explained" some things to me. I have to say now I enjoy shooting and I am VERY thrilled to have my own gun.

Distinguished Member
    Thunder71 was it a thread about a round in the chamber? Lol, I think I read your post about not having one in the chamber, then read a more recent post I believe about your m&p and using the saftey or something like that.

I really read and tried to learn ALOT before I started posting, lol. I hate it when I say stuff that makes me look stupid or is wrong. But I still have done it, posted "never going to put my gun in a safe where i can't reach it immiadiately" and low and behold I now put my gun in a safe every night, lol. I usually try to think a minute before I post. One of the best lessons my mom ever taught me - "you gotta think before you open your mouth son!" Took awhile but I finally learned.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

I don't remember now, certainly could have been! :o

Posted using Tapatalk.

Links