Quote notifications?

Quote notifications?

This is a discussion on Quote notifications? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; On another forum I'm on, they recently introduced a feature allowing us to get notifications when someone quotes a post of ours. Is that a ...

Thread: Quote notifications?

Quote notifications?

On another forum I'm on, they recently introduced a feature allowing us to get notifications when someone quotes a post of ours. Is that a feature that's available here that I just can't find, or is it not an option?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Closest I can see...is you would need to subscribe to the threads that you post to...under General Settings...

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I've wondered about this before, it would be so handy! Is that other forum a vBulletin forum?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    unless the quote includes the map location to the treasure, me knowa care
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I've wondered about this before, it would be so handy! Is that other forum a vBulletin forum?
    No, it's XenForo. It just got me thinking. Especially on a forum this size it's nice to know when someone is responding to you, as I may not actually check the thread again. I'm on a much smaller forum with only about 10,000 users and topics go by slow enough that I can easily check the ones I'm interested in.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    I've wodered about that as well, since the introduction of the like/share, being notified when someone likes your post and all.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links