Defensive Carry banner

Night shift?

6K views 38 replies 39 participants last post by  dangerranger 
#1 ·
Who does the night shift? Here or at work?

#27 ·
1730-0530 here. It's not too bad really...I kind of enjoy it. But, it may soon be changing to a more "normal" schedule.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

#29 ·
I'm on DC at all times of the night, either I wake up, the dog wakes me up, I can't sleep, etc. :wave:

#32 ·
I live in Florida where it gets hot (seems like !00* plus with the humidity). I was hired 3pm to 11pm but traded shifts so I love working graveyards, no people or very few to give you a hard time, quiet, cool and no traffic. I've got black drapes on my windows, the a/c down to 76*, the kids (young adults) go to school (not now 'cause of summer vacations) and the wife works durring the day. Nobody home to wake me up. Working 11pm to 7am gives me time to be here and navigate the web, can't beat it.

#33 ·
Not on a shift..... Retired....... :danceban:

#35 ·
When I started in aircraft maintenance I usually ended up on swing or mid shifts, which was fine since there were fewer supervisors around and you could get more accomplished with less interference. As aircrew there were no shifts since we were usually released for 12 hours after landing then had to be ready for takeoff at the end of our crewrest. After retiring I took a job driving a truck again no shift work you grab the load and get it to the consignee at whatever time they want it. Retired now but my circadian rhythm has never recovered

#37 ·
Exactly! I work 1600-0000 and I have a one hour drive each direction. Sometimes longer in the winter. It takes a serious toll on your family life. I worked 0000-0800 a few years ago and that wasn't too bad, but I never got any sleep. I had to go to work to get any sleep.

#39 ·
For 18 years I worked 3-11:30 Sun-Thurs. The last two years Ive taken a Management position and its 7-3:30 M-F. Its taken until just recently to feel normal. I really miss the swing shift. And Id have to say my wife misses it too! I went to all the kids daytime functions, Had weekends off Fri, Sat, and Sun till 3:00pm, and most important to the wife she had till midnight to get to sleep before I started snoring! DR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.