Night shift? - Page 2

Night shift?

This is a discussion on Night shift? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Many times, I'm here for the midnight shift......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Night shift?

Many times, I'm here for the midnight shift...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    getting ready to go now, 7p to 7a. if it weren't for the sup it wouldn't be so bad. he's a... ...real challenge to please.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

3pm-11pm for 30+ years... with mandatory OT: sometimes 11 am to 11 pm, sometimes 3 pm to 3 am.
    Seems I can get more done that way... but hard on personal life... very hard. especially since I only have one Saturday Sunday off in 28 days...

work 7 days, get Monday off.
    Work the next seven days, get Tuesday Wednesday off.
    Work the next seven days, get Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday off.
    Start over.

4 day weekends are great... and my vacation is in 7 day weeks (not 5 day weeks) and I get 6 weeks (42 days) of vacation a year. So if I take a week between my 2 off and four off I get 13 days for one week's vacation... in all, not a bad program... but hard on social activities.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I rotate between days(0630-1430), swings(1430-1030) and graves(1030-0630), but usually the shifts last an extra 2 hours, and you need to be there 30 min early to prepare. I can handle the weird times, the sucky part is rotating from shift to shift. It makes it really hard to make plans and have a social life, and my daughter has a hard time understanding why I'm not home at night, or in the morning all of a sudden after she gets used to one shift. Rotating shift work is the worst.
    Walk softly ...

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    7P-730A, three nights a week for quite a while now. I have a really hard time staying up during the days now on my days off.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I used to work nights 2200 - 0600. Now I do days. I liked nights, I still enjoy being up at night.

I'll probably be missing a lot of years spent drooling on myself and wearing adult diapers
    Probably. Depends.

Me too.
    msgt/ret likes this.

1730-0930 Mondays, 1345-0545 Thursdays and Saturdays. 8 Hours built in OT at only 3 nights a week, how can I go wrong? Minus the fact that midtown Memphis can be a scary place at night. I much prefer my Germantown post.
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I flip flop from 2nd shift (5p-2a) to midnights (10p-7a). You can also throw in some day shifts here and there as well.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Mostly have a nice, normal day shift, Mon-Fri. But I have to be available 24/7, 365, even during my "vacation" time to be able to take care of stuff when, (not if) it goes bad for a few offices. Last time was spent splicing fiber optic cable until 0400 after putting in a full day the day before. No biggie, but sometimes it can be pretty testing when you thought you were going home. There are also a lot of times that I stay to get things done well after hours and everyone else goes home. I guess that's why I'm salary and why they pay me the big bucks right? That's also another reason that I carry at work and no one knows. (well kind of but that's a long story) Because I've heard that criminals aren't afraid of security cameras.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

2330-0800 for me. I love it. Way better than that crappy 1430-0000.

1730-0530 here. It's not too bad really...I kind of enjoy it. But, it may soon be changing to a more "normal" schedule.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

1400 - 2300 for me. It fits my sleep schedule and the fact I hate waking up with BRIGHT lights in the mornings. No need for them at 0900.

sent from my sending device

I'm on DC at all times of the night, either I wake up, the dog wakes me up, I can't sleep, etc.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Did late 2nd (430-300) and 12 hour 3rd (6-6) for several years and loved it. Only went to first shift to spend more time with family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links