Night shift?

This is a discussion on Night shift? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Who does the night shift? Here or at work?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Night shift?

Night shift?

Who does the night shift? Here or at work?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I'm always up. Insomnia!
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Thank god I gave up doing night shifts when I retired from the military. I never minded the 3-11 shift, but 11-7 killed me.
    ctr likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GH
    Before I retired from a security job I worked 2nd shift for 7 years. After I got into a supervisory position I had to fill in for absent people, usually 3rd shift. (Why do 3rd shift people get sick more often than other shifts?)
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Operations Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

VIP Member
    I haven't pulled night shift in 25 years, but I loved it. We rolled 12-hour shifts (1900-0700). You stood two 12-hr days, took 24 off, two 12-hr nights, and then 96 off. You felt like you were on vacation every other week.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    I work lots of midnight shifts. This week (today is Friday!!) I worked 14:30 to 22:30.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Night shifter

I have worked 7pm-7am for the last 10 years. I wouldn't go back to day shift. In fact I've refused to multiple times. I get to work 3 nights a week and it is full time when you work 12 hour shifts.

I work 1830-0300 Sunday to Thursday in an Amazon.com fulfillment center. I get to see all the weird junk you people buy.

The one thing I am very happy about is that the shifts don't rotate, so I can keep a constant schedule. Blackout curtains helped a bunch, and I readjusted the timers on the thermostat to run the AC around when I like to go to sleep so my room cools down a bit. I do have to make up for not working with some exercise or other physical exertion or else I'm up all night over the weekend.
    Last edited by tubadude; July 21st, 2012 at 02:45 AM.

Ive worked night shift jobs on and off for the last 20 yrs. my last night shift job was about 3 yrs ago 6pm to 6am, 6 days a week, I love working the night shift but it is hard to sleep during the day in the summer time ,only negative was no time to spend with the kids.
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

Before I retired I changed shifts every week. Never did get used to it. Just got used to being tired.

Michael

My circadian clock is perpetually broken. I work 24 & 48 hour shifts so my sleep habits are a friggon nightmare. I have no set time to sleep.

I'm sure I'm losing a few years of my life because of it. The good thing is that it's the back half and I'll probably be missing a lot of years spent drooling on myself and wearing adult diapers.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Senior Member Array scgunlover1's Avatar
    On July 19 I started into my 37th. year of rotating shift work. I will be 55 in Sept. I sure am ready to call it quits. In fact I just got off, drove home & logged into DC.
    SCGunLover1

11-7 here. 37 minutes left! I only hate it during the summer when the days are long and you go home when it's light out. Fall and winter aren't too bad...you leave when it's dark and go home the same way.
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

VIP Member
    2200-0800 here 4 nights a week....just got home and drank some decaf java....since I'm about to implant my face in my pillow
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I've been working the night **** going on 7 years (aug 15th will be 7). I like it, less traffic and it is somewhat cooler temperature wise as well. 90 degrees in the summer doesn't sound like it's very cool but compared to the 100+ the shift before me has to contend with I'll take it. Now if only it wasn't just part time :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links