Removing read posts from the 'New Posts' link.

This is a discussion on Removing read posts from the 'New Posts' link. within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; It seems many people have a problem with unwanted posts cluttering the page when you select New Posts. Would it be possible to fix it ...

It seems many people have a problem with unwanted posts cluttering the page when you select New Posts. Would it be possible to fix it so that when you refresh the page when using the New Posts link that the posts you have finished reading do not appear?

To be more clear. Lets say I login and select new posts and five pages come up. I then go to the New Members or another sub forum and mark all posts as read. Right now if I do that and the refresh the page they still show up in the New Posts search. I will still have to go through all five pages but most the posts will be marked as already read. If they were somehow automatically removed from after being read and the page refreshed this would make reading much easier and possible solve the problem for everyone.

Michael

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    They show up in the new posts section, but as posts that you've read. Their color changes from bold blue to light blue.

Try this, click on "New Posts", read everything you want to read in the time you have, then use the "Mark Forums Read" button on the right.

Now when you come back you'll only receive New Posts since your last session.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    They show up in the new posts section, but as posts that you've read. Their color changes from bold blue to light blue.

Try this, click on "New Posts", read everything you want to read in the time you have, then use the "Mark Forums Read" button on the right.

Now when you come back you'll only receive New Posts since your last session.
    That is what I do but it seems that this remedy is not good enough for some. Thats why I wondered if it would be possible to change it so when you refreshed the page the read post would disappear. This would prevent one from having to look through multiple pages of previously read posts.

Michael

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    It seems many people have a problem with unwanted posts cluttering the page when you select New Posts. Would it be possible to fix it so that when you refresh the page when using the New Posts link that the posts you have finished reading do not appear?

To be more clear. Lets say I login and select new posts and five pages come up. I then go to the New Members or another sub forum and mark all posts as read. Right now if I do that and the refresh the page they still show up in the New Posts search. I will still have to go through all five pages but most the posts will be marked as already read. If they were somehow automatically removed from after being read and the page refreshed this would make reading much easier and possible solve the problem for everyone.

Michael
    If one were to click on "ADVANCED SEARCH", then select "SINGLE CONTENT TYPE" then highlight all sections EXPECT "new members introduce themselves, leave the other options default until you come to FIND POSTS: and select"Your last visit", leave search results as "threads" and then click "SAVE SEARCH PREFERENCES"....

All one would do is have return to "Advanced Search" (which can be book-marked with the options saved) and hit Search Now when returning to the forum.

Links