Admins clarificaion....

Admins clarificaion....

This is a discussion on Admins clarificaion.... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Ok, admins I have some concerns and maybe a question or two. I have found some neat toys or emoticons. They are cool IMO, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Admins clarificaion....

Admins clarificaion....

Ok, admins I have some concerns and maybe a question or two. I have found some neat toys or emoticons. They are cool IMO, but can cause a member to break forum rules. While I like them, should they really be available?

emoticons like these are available, but will get a member in trouble. If the get members in trouble why are they there to be used?

I really do like them, I think they have there place, but if you use them and get in trouble, it defeats the purpose. Its like the language rule here, and having one that swears, Kind of pointless wouldnt you think? Just thinking out load here. What do you, as admins think, should they stay or should they go.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

JD
    Administrator
    They're for us to use in the staff forum.

Just kidding.....

Or am I?

In all seriousness they can be used by members, if used appropriately.

Emoticons could be used when describing other persons and not directed at a member. For example.

Lets take the guy that shot himself in the junk.

Plaxico,

Michal Moore =

2. While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts or PMs. Trolling, flaming, and personal attacks are strictly prohibited. You are welcome to disagree with opinions other than your own, but flaming other members will not be allowed. If you can't figure out how to compose a post without it being confrontational or a personal attack on someone, simply bite your lip and don't post it.

The rules don't have a "You can flame, insult, and name call all you want as long as you use emoticons" clause

JD

In the case of Plaxico or Michael Moore we should be allowed to swear all we want and name call heavily. In fact it should be obligatory. Especially Michael Moore.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

sgb

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post

Even better:

GH
    Which one of the above posters were those emoticons directed at? lol
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    Which one of the above posters were those emoticons directed at? lol
    Me, and I got my patties smacked hard for replying .............. Que Sera, Sera. One need not agree with how the powers to be interpret and enforce rules one only has to abide by it.
    Last edited by sgb; August 27th, 2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: grammer
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Administrator
    We are mature clear thinking adults here, (for the most part)

Just because they are there...that does not mean that anyone has to use them or an inappropriate one.

If you didn't smoke and there was a pack of cigarettes sitting on the table you wouldn't grab one and light up.

I'm not absolutely certain but, I believe that they are all included in a prepackaged set of emoticons.

There are some great ones in there. Have fun with them.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Administrator

There are some great ones in there.
    msgt/ret and tcox4freedom like this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    But, almighty authority figures, what if I feel like saying but can't find the emoticon?? What ever could I do??

No, really, I agree- you should know when/where to NOT use these things. I just kinda like to give you guys a little trouble some times- you're all so much fun, and those of us that practically live on this site love you all very much.

Hugs for everyone?
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    But, almighty authority figures, what if I feel like saying but can't find the emoticon?? What ever could I do??

You could always try saying nothing.

No, really, I agree- you should know when/where to NOT use these things. I just kinda like to give you guys a little trouble some times- you're all so much fun, and those of us that practically live on this site love you all very much.

Hugs for everyone?

Thanks for clearing that up. I really enjoyed this exercise......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Reminds me of the old story of the Russians and Americans trying to write notes in space. The Americans spent a bunch of money developing a pen that would write upside down in zero gravity; the Russians used a pencil.
    357and40 likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Imagine sharpening a pencil in space. At least the space pen isn't quite so pointy.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

There are some great ones in there.

I really like the three little guys, they sort of express the way things are going lately!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links