"You're A Troll.." Posts - Page 2

"You're A Troll.." Posts

This is a discussion on "You're A Troll.." Posts within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by limatunes This is a public forum...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: "You're A Troll.." Posts

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    This is a public forum

Senior Moderator
    Yep. It's a public forum that anyone can join and the topic of discussion is firearms and the legal, defensive carry of those firearms.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Personally one of the reasons I contribute to this forum is because of the work of the mods to make it a clean, safe place to come and excercise social discourse. I'm not sucking up either -- I don't know any of them! But it is nice to be able to speak frankly about some subjects that cannot be discussed in other arenas without battle axes drawn. And that's coming from someone that's been spanked twice for stepping outside the rules, although in fairness one time it was a pretty cute comment.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    I got nailed once for thread hijacking. Is that anything like trolling?
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I got nailed once for thread hijacking. Is that anything like trolling?
    Naw, it's spelled different. But anytime you're taking spelling advice from a hillbilly you're...no wait, THAT'S HIJACKING!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Naw, it's spelled different. But anytime you're taking spelling advice from a hillbilly you're...no wait, THAT'S HIJACKING!
    But we digress. Let's get back on topic.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Look at it from another perspective...if you are so thin skinned that a "troll" sets you off, do you need to be handling firearms?

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I would like to add however, that every now and then I read a post and my first thought is that the poster is an anti- or somehow otherwise unfriendly towards guns and gun owners, and that often they're not only trying to stir up trouble but also mine for ammunition. There are over 60,000 people using this site -- easily representing at least 48 states and Canada, so the opportunity to mine for something that could be used against pro-gunners in some obscure arena does exist.
    I thought there were 57 states, most trolls would know that.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizjimbo View Post
    Look at it from another perspective...if you are so thin skinned that a "troll" sets you off, do you need to be handling firearms?
    I am a troll, and I handle firearms.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I am a troll, and I handle firearms.
    That was brought up at the last secret meeting. A motion was made to do secret stuff but was tabled by one of the members.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ok Maw we will be nice. BUT if they are proven to be a troll can me and the boys have em? Come on just let us poke'em with a stick a few times. Please?
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Somehow, with the above post, I seem to hear music to the song "Dueling Banjos" from the movie Deliverance.
    <ducking here> I just couldn't help myself hehehehehehehehehe
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    That was brought up at the last secret meeting. A motion was made to do secret stuff but was tabled by one of the members.

Michael
    Shhhhhhhhhh they're on "double secret probation" <antisipating a whack on the back of my head from Limatunes>
    awwwwwwww c"mon Lima, you KNOW we all luv ya!
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhh they're on "double secret probation" <antisipating a whack on the back of my head from Limatunes>
    awwwwwwww c"mon Lima, you KNOW we all luv ya!
    Mess around and jack this thread, and we will all wind up with infractions. Please, stay on topic, and the topic is trolls.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Ok Maw we will be nice. BUT if they are proven to be a troll can me and the boys have em? Come on just let us poke'em with a stick a few times. Please?
    Pretty PLEASE!!!!!!
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

"You're A Troll.." Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I would like to add however, that every now and then I read a post and my first thought is that the poster is an anti- or somehow otherwise unfriendly towards guns and gun owners, and that often they're not only trying to stir up trouble but also mine for ammunition.
    I wonder if what you are interpreting as anti is a more liberal point of view showing through in their posts? Historically, the pro gun arena has been dominated by hard core conservatives. This is changing. I am in no way, anti gun, but I've been accused of it and of being a troll when my opinions have diverged from the majority.
    bigmacque and boatman like this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links