"You're A Troll.." Posts

This is a discussion on "You're A Troll.." Posts within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Ok so someone asked the question and I don't think it got answered... Is an anti point of view here trolling? Nothing boils my blood ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 73
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: "You're A Troll.." Posts

  1. #46
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Ok so someone asked the question and I don't think it got answered... Is an anti point of view here trolling? Nothing boils my blood more than an anti saying they are not because they don't have anything against the guns they actually own... But there's no use for those evil black rifles or why does anyone need an ak47,etc. I have seen posts such as these, and wow did it get me angry. I would humbly suggest a rule about stirring stuff up by saying such things.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Ok so someone asked the question and I don't think it got answered... Is an anti point of view here trolling? Nothing boils my blood more than an anti saying they are not because they don't have anything against the guns they actually own... But there's no use for those evil black rifles or why does anyone need an ak47,etc. I have seen posts such as these, and wow did it get me angry. I would humbly suggest a rule about stirring stuff up by saying such things.
    Everybody is anti to some degree. Where does the line get drawn?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  4. #48
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Everybody is anti to some degree. Where does the line get drawn?
    If it's perfectly legal for me to own but you say I shouldn't be able to or because there's no use for it so it should be illegal, you crossed it. Pretty plain to me.
    msgt/ret and bigmacque like this.

  5. #49
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,048
    I think it should be pointed out that there's a difference between "trolling" (being antagonistic to illicit a funny response or to make a point about someone being a jerk) and "being a troll" (a member who has an account specifically to post trolling messages until they get deleted)

    I think we've all been known 'to troll' every now and then, and in the course of a conversation people generally don't mind. But if you're here just to stir up trouble or antagonize, you shouldn't be surprised if you don't last very long. I have done the former, and reported the latter.

    Just keep it civil, and try not to threadjack, and we'll all get along fine :)
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

  6. #50
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Everybody is anti to some degree. Where does the line get drawn?
    This is pretty much true. One only has to bring up open carry, fifty caliber target rifles, 75 round magazines or street sweeper shotguns to see a large groups of pro-gunners turn into anti's.
    The old if I don't have one you don't need it either syndrome. I find even rabid pro-gunners asking why others needs to own certain items.

    Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; September 28th, 2012 at 08:55 PM.

  7. #51
    VIP Member Array livewire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Everybody is anti to some degree. Where does the line get drawn?
    Remember that quote "just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily follow that we must do that thing."?

    It's like the opposite of that... "if I don't see why I don't want to do a thing, then nobody should be able to do (or have) that thing"
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

    “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

  8. #52
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This is pretty much true. One only has to bring up open carry, fifty caliber target rifles, 75 round magazines or street sweeper shotguns to see a large groups of pro-gunners turn into anti's.
    The old if I don't have one you don't need it wither syndrome. I find even rabid pro-gunners asking why others needs to own certain items.

    Michael
    This is why I think there should be a rule... If you believe in 2a, you believe in it... Not just as it applies to you... We have too many against us to be divided amongst ourselves. For every way you say someone shouldn't be allowed to do/shouldn't be able to own blah a dozen will come out of the dc woodworks ready to flambay you. On top of that any anti can come on here (I'm sure they do) see a dc members remarks about how something should be illegal and use those words against us all... Think even gun people believe in gun control so it must be a good idea.

  9. #53
    Member Array Nebraska12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Omaha Metro
    Posts
    486
    Copy
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

  10. #54
    Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,824
    Here is the best discussion of Internet Troll I have ever seen.
    BTW, the site is rather interesting, if a bit odd.
    www.searchlores.org/trolls.htm

    Sent via mental telepathy
    Rock and Glock and msgt/ret like this.

  11. #55
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    This is why I think there should be a rule... If you believe in 2a, you believe in it... Not just as it applies to you... We have too many against us to be divided amongst ourselves. For every way you say someone shouldn't be allowed to do/shouldn't be able to own blah a dozen will come out of the dc woodworks ready to flambay you. On top of that any anti can come on here (I'm sure they do) see a dc members remarks about how something should be illegal and use those words against us all... Think even gun people believe in gun control so it must be a good idea.
    Who is going to define that? No matter what folks say about the 2A most a lot of folks here do have qualifiers and limitations that they believe in. How are you or anyone going to define "if you beleive in the 2A, you believe in it"? Some folks feel that we can own tanks and flame throwers, others think not.
    The 2A is not the Holy Grail or sacred Amendment to the Constitution. It is like all others including the 1st A which most folks agree has to have some limits i.e can;t yell fire in a crowded theater.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  12. #56
    Member Array ttowndeputy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    tulsa oklahoma
    Posts
    23
    I agree with your post. On another forum, to be unmentioned (rhymes with rock talk), I was accused of trolling because I replied to some goobers thread. He was bragging about his prowess at speeding, radar detectors, and how his gated community security guard would stop Police officers from entering his domain...I'd followed this forum for years, but not posted yet, so I was immediately accused of trolling when I called him out for his immature driving habits. Thanks, and God Bless.

  13. #57
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Who is going to define that? No matter what folks say about the 2A most a lot of folks here do have qualifiers and limitations that they believe in. How are you or anyone going to define "if you beleive in the 2A, you believe in it"? Some folks feel that we can own tanks and flame throwers, others think not.
    The 2A is not the Holy Grail or sacred Amendment to the Constitution. It is like all others including the 1st A which most folks agree has to have some limits i.e can;t yell fire in a crowded theater.
    I think currently perfectly legal should be the operative word. If I can own it don't tell me I shouldn't be able to, basically.
    suntzu likes this.

  14. #58
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,803
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Gotcha ya
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  15. #59
    VIP Member Array CLASS3NH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Bob from Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Mess around and jack this thread, and we will all wind up with infractions. Please, stay on topic, and the topic is trolls.
    I know what the topic is. I've been around here long enough to know what and what not to say, Thank you
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

  16. #60
    Senior Moderator
    Array limatunes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,247
    Oh boy, got to get my brain working for this one.

    A rule against opinions? Dear Heavens, I feel a headache coming on already!

    No, we will not make a rule against having an opinion, because, as stated, where do you draw the line?

    The second amendment is not an all-or-nothing subject. Despite my opinion or yours or the guys across the street, it is a fluid topic that would continue to be debated even if it were perfectly legal to purchase flame throwers and nuclear weapons. There may be some forums who try to take on such a task as to moderate opinion but I venture a guess that they are not exceptionally popular or their mod ratio to membership is 1:1 because how could they possibly keep track of moderating everyone's opinion?

    Anyway, people have differing opinions on the matter and a differing opinion does not an anti make. What does make an anti? We could spend the next millennium debating that very topic because my opinion is going to differ from yours.

    I know for a fact, however, that just because someone asks a question does not mean they are asking it maliciously.

    I was an adult before I found out that some states allowed citizens to carry concealed weapons. I asked, "Why would you want to do that?" According to some, that makes me sound like an anti. I was curious. I wanted to be educated. I was. And look at me now?

    Just questioning your reasons behind something (i.e. ownership of an "assault weapon" (whatever that is.. yet to be clearly defined.)) does not mean that person is going to run off to the New York Times and write a Pulitzer winning article about why assault weapons should be banned because some guy on an internet forum couldn't think of a good reason as to why they shouldn't be. Not that such a piece would actually change policy anyway.

    Our rules are pretty basic.. don't flame anyone, don't post sexist or racial remarks and/or pictures, don't talk about religion or politics, don't curse and keep threads on topic.

    If someone can abide by those rules, they can come in here and say they think there should be magazine capacity limits. We, as mods, are going to have to circle the wagons and prepare the ice in the back room because the guy is going to be practically beaten to death with information on why such things are no good. But he's allowed his opinion and so are the 300 people who are going to respond to such a person to tell him why he's wrong. And, as members of the forum, we mods will also throw in our .02 on why such a person is mistaken but that doesn't mean he deserves to be banned.

    Who knows, he might come to his senses.

    Which, by the way, is part of the purpose of this forum. It's not just about a bunch of like-minded people getting together and patting each other on the back. It's about people who are curious or confused or maybe even hesitant being directed to information that may make them see the other side of an opinion.

    We've had many people throughout the years come in with one view and go out with another. Some have gone from being voted "most likely to shoot himself" to "gives out good info." Some have gone from, "not sure if he's an anti" to "staunch supporter."

    It's not up to us to decide who those people are unless they break the rules. And, frankly, even thinking about having such a job exhausts me.

    We've gotten rid of a LOT of trouble makers. We'll get rid of a LOT more. We are only asking that members report people they suspect as trouble makers to those of us who can do something about it vs calling them out on the open forum.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

pro gun trolls so ignorant

Click on a term to search for related topics.