"You're A Troll.." Posts

This is a discussion on "You're A Troll.." Posts within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by limatunes Oh boy, got to get my brain working for this one. A rule against opinions? Dear Heavens, I feel a headache ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: "You're A Troll.." Posts

  1. #61
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Oh boy, got to get my brain working for this one.

    A rule against opinions? Dear Heavens, I feel a headache coming on already!

    No, we will not make a rule against having an opinion, because, as stated, where do you draw the line?
    SNIP:
    We don't need a rule against all opinions. Thats just plain silly. No one in their right mind would be opposed to every opinion.
    What we do need is a rule against other peoples opinions. Mine is the only one we need.

    Michael

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #62
    Member Array boatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NE
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Oh boy, got to get my brain working for this one.


    Who knows, he might come to his senses.

    Which, by the way, is part of the purpose of this forum. It's not just about a bunch of like-minded people getting together and patting each other on the back. It's about people who are curious or confused or maybe even hesitant being directed to information that may make them see the other side of an opinion.

    We've had many people throughout the years come in with one view and go out with another. Some have gone from being voted "most likely to shoot himself" to "gives out good info." Some have gone from, "not sure if he's an anti" to "staunch supporter."
    Excellent. The idea of a forum is for discourse, and hopefully to learn something new. It is interesting to see why someone says what they do, many times you think, I never thought of that.
    limatunes likes this.

  4. #63
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,148
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    I know what the topic is. I've been around here long enough to know what and what not to say, Thank you
    You are welcome.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  5. #64
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    If it's perfectly legal for me to own but you say I shouldn't be able to or because there's no use for it so it should be illegal, you crossed it. Pretty plain to me.
    It is perfectly legal for you to own it, but not for me to say it?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  6. #65
    Moderator
    Array buckeye .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I think currently perfectly legal should be the operative word. If I can own it don't tell me I shouldn't be able to, basically.
    So, perfectly legal for whom?

    In Ohio, I can't have 75 round mags. So, that standard doesn't really work, because a lot of states have a lot of different laws.

    Maybe someone who says "I don't know why anyone would need an AK or AR" really just has never really had any experience with them, and doesn't understand the differences between military and civilian versions, and doesn't understand all the applications they can be used for. A good, logical post explaining those things could help them understand why they are useful for more than just combat, whereas a "You're a troll" comment would be detrimental.

    I personally dabble in a lot of different styles of guns and shooting, and I think most would consider me a "gun person." However, along with that, I realize that puts me in a minority in society. Even among my friends I go shooting with, most aren't "gun people." They own guns, they shoot them every now and again, but it isn't on the same level. A lot of gun owners are rather narrow in their focus on shooting sports. They hunt, or they shoot trap, or they have a pistol for home defense, or something like that. They simply don't have the exposure to other types of guns and shooting.

    And I agree with Lima, us being the "thought police" and regulating opinion should not, and I suspect will not happen on this forum. A troll in general is trying to stir the pot, and anger people, they get off on it for some reason. I imagine it would be rather frustrating to a troll if their irritating posts were met with just intelligent, polite, sensible responses.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

    Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

  7. #66
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    I do see your points all, and I understand this wouldn't work as a good rule, now that I have slept. I get fired up about this stuff so please forgive me. Thanks to all that responded.

  8. #67
    Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern AZ
    Posts
    945
    I just looked up "troll" on Wikipedia and discovered it's early internet origins (1990's). I now feel better armed to combat trolling in a sensible and logical manner.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

  9. #68
    Member Array 94lt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Groves TX
    Posts
    46
    That's why I like forum foundry sites... :) friendly, great mod and admin staff... and they keep things ship shape :) :thumbup:

    Now I'm going back under my bridge lol..:D

  10. #69
    VIP Member
    Array tacman605's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Arkansas/On the X in Afghanistan
    Posts
    3,031
    It is still fun to poke them with a stick.....with permission of course.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

  11. #70
    VIP Member Array Ksgunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    Here, here,,,, well said,,,, NO QUESTION IS A DUMB QUESTION,,,,, just an unanswered if you don not ask.
    I thought it was "There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers"

  12. #71
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    It is still fun to poke them with a stick.....with permission of course.
    This is the way I feel also. Put the posts in the off topic and humor forum and let up play with them.

    Michael

  13. #72
    Ex Member Array Doodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tomball TX
    Posts
    948
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    So, perfectly legal for whom?

    In Ohio, I can't have 75 round mags. So, that standard doesn't really work, because a lot of states have a lot of different laws.

    Maybe someone who says "I don't know why anyone would need an AK or AR" really just has never really had any ebxperience with them, and doesn't understand the differences between military and civilian versions, and doesn't understand all the applications they can be used for. A good, logical post explaining those things could help them understand why they are useful for more than just combat, whereas a "You're a troll" comment would be detrimental.

    I personally dabble in a lot of different styles of guns and shooting, and I think most would consider me a "gun person." However, along with that, I realize that puts me in a minority in society. Even among my friends I go shooting with, most aren't "gun people." They own guns, they shoot them every now and again, but it isn't on the same level. A lot of gun owners are rather narrow in their focus on shooting sports. They hunt, or they shoot trap, or they have a pistol for home defense, or something like that. They simply don't have the exposure to other types of guns and shooting.

    And I agree with Lima, us being the "thought police" and regulating opinion should not, and I suspect will not happen on this forum. A troll in general is trying to stir the pot, and anger people, they get off on it for some reason. I imagine it would be rather frustrating to a troll if their irritating posts were met with just intelligent, polite, sensible responses.
    This is my lesson of the day... I've let my blood pressure get to high.

  14. #73
    VIP Member Array TedBeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bay City
    Posts
    2,269
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I wonder if what you are interpreting as anti is a more liberal point of view showing through in their posts? Historically, the pro gun arena has been dominated by hard core conservatives. This is changing. I am in no way, anti gun, but I've been accused of it and of being a troll when my opinions have diverged from the majority.
    I totally agree with you noway2. While I now carry everyday, I used to feel that the NRA was a little to set against ANY gun law even ones that made some sense to me. For example I could see the logic of having a 5 day waiting period to purchase a gun. Years ago there was a shooting at a local mall. The guy was leaving his wife, they got into an arguement at her job at the mall. He went next door to the Kmart, bought a 22LR rifle and a box of ammo, walked into her store and shot her.

    Back on topic, we all have varying levels of "gun nuttyness". Some carry in their house with the gun in a towel next to the shower, others only carry when going "downtown". I know a guy that got his CCW just for when he is taking his gun to the gun range. It's all good, in fact freedom of choice may be the next greatest thing about the US, right below freedom of speech and the right to bear arms.

    BTW I like your avatar. The Matrix movies are some of my favorites.

    Well thats two off topics in one post, I hope I don't get bumped for trolling.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

pro gun trolls so ignorant

Click on a term to search for related topics.