The Search Feature Must Be Disabled - Page 2

The Search Feature Must Be Disabled

This is a discussion on The Search Feature Must Be Disabled within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by kapnketel Agreed, some seem that same and some are the same.Type in "laser" in the search feature and six threads are on ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Search Feature Must Be Disabled

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Agreed, some seem that same and some are the same.Type in "laser" in the search feature and six threads are on the first page all discussing whether to use a laser or not. Same thing if you put in "AR15".
    As with any question, the more directed the search, the better the answer. A forum is a database, a search function is a scan of that database to match the query being posed. With a forum as large as this one, the database of topics is enormous.

I know that's not an answer, more of a philosophical guide to searches in general.

VIP Member
    It all depends on the search string used, the more specific the fewer results returned.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I did a search for rude posts and BAM! Here I am.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

try searching off topic.... or for Items you absolutely know were posted in off topic... they do not show up in the results, period.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    In all honesty just about everything we'd want to talk about has been covered on one internet forum or another... most of the information one could want to know is already on this forum. So let's just shut down the ability to post and make it an archive. Maybe have one or two people able to post so that new guns can be renewed and one to lock a political thread started by the other from time to time and we'll be complete.

Or maybe we will just live with some of the same things popping up from time to time with an understanding that the individual circumstance may be a little different or that the people that initially see the thread will be different and things will go in a slightly different direction leaving new information available.
    Brad426, msgt/ret and 64zebra like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    In all honesty just about everything we'd want to talk about has been covered on one internet forum or another... most of the information one could want to know is already on this forum. So let's just shut down the ability to post and make it an archive. Maybe have one or two people able to post so that new guns can be renewed and one to lock a political thread started by the other from time to time and we'll be complete.

Or maybe we will just live with some of the same things popping up from time to time with an understanding that the individual circumstance may be a little different or that the people that initially see the thread will be different and things will go in a slightly different direction leaving new information available.
    Oh how I wish I could like that more than once.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

^ If that were true, you wouldnt have made that last post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links