The Search Feature Must Be Disabled

This is a discussion on The Search Feature Must Be Disabled within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Apparently....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Search Feature Must Be Disabled

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

The Search Feature Must Be Disabled

Apparently.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Strange. Seems to be working for me
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

The search function on here almost never works for me. Always "no results". I figured it was a function of my browser

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Strange. Seems to be working for me
    I realize that. Just a sarcastic observation...

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I realize that. Just a sarcastic observation...
    Ah... Ok. My bad. I've noticed that the search feature isn't that reliable for finding what I want, much of the time.
    Arborigine likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Not my point. We seem to be seeing the same thread over and over and over asking the same questions.

Welcome to the Internet.

If they searched and brought up a thread from 2006 then what?

"Hey, newb, do you realize this thread is 6 years old?!"

I think forums in general are notoriously difficult to search. I either used advanced search OR use site-specific Google. Just go to a regular Google search bar, enter the key words you're looking for and then site:defensivecarry.com.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Can we combine this thread with all of the other threads about folks not using the search feature?

See what I did there?

Michael

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Not my point. We seem to be seeing the same thread over and over and over asking the same questions.
    No matter where you go, there you are. Show me a board where that is not the case.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Actually, many boards point out the issue as soon as a repeat thread is started. It seems we are seeing repeats every other day.

There are some that seem the same and others that are the same
    The ones I see that are very repetitive are:
    What SHTF rifle should I use
    What .22 handgun should I get
    Do you carry an extra mag
    Do you carry a BUG

As far as the search feature: I try to use it and almost come up blank with what I am looking for.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Agreed, some seem that same and some are the same.Type in "laser" in the search feature and six threads are on the first page all discussing whether to use a laser or not. Same thing if you put in "AR15".

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    And I thought I was the only one who had no idea why the "search" function never actually "searched" for anything. Go figure. I assumed it was some inside joke that would force new people to post the same threads over and over again so that we would have something to make fun of them about.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Seems to work just fine:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...archid=1979454

I was also able to easily find my threads about the Silent Thunder as a test, since it's something I know I've posted about:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...archid=1979463

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links