Can DC help by channeling some of this emotion into action?

This is a discussion on Can DC help by channeling some of this emotion into action? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I've noticed that JD has posted a message in the past that is displayed on all pages (leave your attitudes at the door). Would the ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SHTFGearLLC
  • 1 Post By PEF
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By bigdog44

Thread: Can DC help by channeling some of this emotion into action?

Sponsor

Can DC help by channeling some of this emotion into action?

I've noticed that JD has posted a message in the past that is displayed on all pages (leave your attitudes at the door). Would the Owners of DC be willing to post a message asking members to contact their elected officials? The NRA has a great website that allows you to contact all of your elected Officials in just a few minutes. Maybe you could include that link.

I just think all of this energy and emotion could be put to better use with a little leadership, and the DC could be that leader.

Thanks,
    Clay
    Darrow75 likes this.
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Go here to find your congressional rep: Find Your Representative House.gov
    Go here to find your senator: U.S. Senate: Reference Home > How to... > contact U.S. Senators

Here's a letter I wrote:

Letter re Sandy Hook and Legislation
    Darrow75 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Go here to find your congressional rep: Find Your Representative House.gov
    Go here to find your senator: U.S. Senate: Reference Home > How to... > contact U.S. Senators

Here's a letter I wrote:

Letter re Sandy Hook and Legislation
    Thanks PEF. Great letter with well reasoned and a well written argument. I will be drafting a similar letter over the next day or two to send to my representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    ... be willing to post a message asking members to contact their elected officials?
    This thread, right here, is a good spot that many will see.

Of course, a "sticky/announcement" type thing that appears on every page could do far more. I'm all for it, if they are.

I just think all of this energy and emotion could be put to better use ...
    Many of us are doing exactly that, outside the forum. Have been for years. I'm sure they know my letterhead well, by now.

It's a really sticky moment, now, what with ~30 people on slabs rotting due to what many perceive as simply the evils of guns. The real problem is far broader and far knottier to solve. Weaponry is only one element murderers use to ply their "trade." The will to do it comes from somewhere, and until these underlying motivations and influences are changed there won't be much progress.

In the meantime, the greatest thing we can do is harden our facilities, toughen our procedures, and steel ourselves (all of us, as a People and as individuals) to the hard work ahead. Disarmament can only hurt. Standing shoulder to shoulder to help erase these animals from our midst is one of the few things that can help. Hopefully the hirelings can be made to intelligently review the options, instead of cowing to emotional rhetoric.

Absolutely: if you're able, write a cogent letter of appeal for sanity and effective review ... to your elected folk, and everyone else in governing positions of influence you can think of. Sanity needs to prevail, and it ain't gonna occur due to sheer dumb luck.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsor
    So... Owners/mods of DC, What do you think?
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Now is the time to speak up and a coordinated effort is key. The opposition is strong and focused. We must be stronger and more focused. Passion for our beliefs should give us the edge. Stand strong for the second amendment or sit in silence and become a sheep.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Links