Is there any chance of a darker theme?

This is a discussion on Is there any chance of a darker theme? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I'm one of those strange people who cannot look at with a white background for very long without experiencing eye strain. Was wondering if a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By high pockets

Thread: Is there any chance of a darker theme?

Is there any chance of a darker theme?

I'm one of those strange people who cannot look at with a white background for very long without experiencing eye strain. Was wondering if a white letter on black background would be possible?

Normally I'd pull a Stylish theme but nobody has made one yet for any of the firearm sites that I know of. I remember installing themes and how it can be a pit but I think vB4 is easier.

Example of what I can read all day with no issue vs white background... Youtube site

Thanks if you are able but I understand we all have lives that don't always allow time for what has to be done, so no worries if you're unable.

Thanks

Michael

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for your suggestion.

Rather than posting it on the public forum, why don't you use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
    BenHolliday likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Rather than posting it on the public forum, why don't you use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
    I'm used to most sites admin get annoyed with people using the Contact Us function. I honestly hadn't considered using it knowing that.

Senior Moderator
    I get eye-strain as well from looking at screens for a long time. One simple way to lesson it is to turn down the brightness of your screen. I know it seems like a no-brainer, but just a few degrees down can make a huge difference.

Alt-left shift-print screen can give you high contrast (black background) (I'm using windows 7)
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Alt-left shift-print screen can give you high contrast (black background) (I'm using windows 7)
    But that only changes the desktop, not the contrast of the forum.

I use Firefox and can change to a predefined "default color" for any website with an icon on the toolbar.

You may need a Add-on for this in FF and other browsers, but I would be surpised if it were not available in most.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Links