Women's Forum

Women's Forum

This is a discussion on Women's Forum within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Is there not a women's forum here? Am I missing it? Just seems like there should be. My wife is new to concealed carry and ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By eeeZnow
  • 5 Post By Lish
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Women's Forum

Women's Forum

Is there not a women's forum here? Am I missing it? Just seems like there should be. My wife is new to concealed carry and it would be nice for her to have a place to go for info...

Geez, first Condoleezza Rice & Darla Moore are welcomed into The Augusta National Golf Club, and now this? What's next, Oprah's new Book Club for Men? Guns, holsters & ammo are gender neutral. Julie Golob can shoot circles around anyone here. Other than maybe "Pistol Purses" I don't see how the content would be any different in the Women's Forum.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    She could try the cornered cat website.

We are an equal work or equal pay kinda place as far as I can tell. There are many women here who can answer your questions, and men that may be able to help as well, but might otherwise avoid the fairer genders forum. That is what ghost tracker meant
    Lish likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I disagree, but what do I know....

Lead Moderator
    While there is no specific forum for women moderator Limatunes has a stickied thread concerning women and carry issues. A search for Limatunes will pop it right up for your wife.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Women's Forum

Tell her to come on in. You won't meet friendlier or more helpful men and/or women! Besides, if she has a gun... what's she afraid of? ;)
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

Women's Forum

I actually like that there's not a separate forum just for women. There is the sticky thread mentioned above that is for many women specific things but honestly most things are the same for guys and gals, except the flashbang and purses. Whether its how to get an IWB to fit just right or what to use when jogging - our issues and experiences are pretty universal and we can all help each other without it being a boy/girl thing, IMO. And if I have a woman specific question I've got no qualms with throwing it out there in the right category and saying "ladies - what's worked for you with..." and I know I'll get some "well my wife does..." and that's cool too. I've been on some forums where I wasn't comfortable as a female, but this sure isn't one of them - best group of folks I've found on the net!

VIP Member
    I agree! I read and have learned a lot from the forums. I mostly post in the "Back Porch" section because I have nothing to offer as far as helping with gun questions, I'm still learning myself. However, I really like the people here because they're smart, funny and generally interesting to talk to.

So, tell your wife to jump in, ask questions and be part of it.
    eeeZnow likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The forum is open to any thread about defensive use of firearms and related equipment, training, etc. In that sense, it's gender neutral. Got a topic that, say, inquires about holsters/belts most suitable for a woman? Post it. Got statements to make regarding the woman's take on things? Let 'er rip. Works very well.

Of course, in an open forum (as with life) it's entirely likely a given thread is going to draw comments from the general crowd as well. Not entirely unexpected or problematic, really.

IMO: if your thread is absolutely female-specific, simply state so in the lead-in and/or thread title. Should be all you need to help filter the participants accordingly, if that's going to make a difference in the thread.
    zacii and eeeZnow like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post
    Is there not a women's forum here? Am I missing it? Just seems like there should be. My wife is new to concealed carry and it would be nice for her to have a place to go for info...
    As mentioned no specific forum, but here is the sticky thread others have referenced: The Official Female Carry Reference Thread

I missed something? Where is the men's forum?

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    The Official Female Carry Reference Thread

Jeeze guys, while I do agree that there isn't much difference between gender when it comes to carry, a link to the female thread would have been a nice gesture.

Dooger, set her up with an account so she can learn from this site and pose her own questions when she has them!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    .....Jeeze guys, while I do agree that there isn't much difference between gender when it comes to carry, a link to the female thread would have been a nice gesture.......
    I did, in post #11.

Links