Moderators

Moderators

This is a discussion on Moderators within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; In the 2nd Amendment section, "GOA action alert" thread I clicked on the link filled out the form and sent the e-mail to my Senators. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Moderators

Moderators

In the 2nd Amendment section, "GOA action alert" thread I clicked on the link filled out the form and sent the e-mail to my Senators. Problem is that now when I click on that alert it comes up with all my info filled in on the form. I'm concerned that this info is there for all to see?? Don't know how to delete the info from the link. Maybe if someone else sends an e-mail their info will appear.

Help please!

Jim

Are you referring to the capwiz.com external site's display of the Gun Owners of America page? If so, realize that has nothing to do with DefensiveCarry.com.

On that GOA page, if you happened to leave the check-box checked that indicates "Remember Me," then it'll do exactly that ... on that web site, for forms/screens where you're identifying yourself via that contact information:

About Remember Me

Remember Me is a feature that retains personal information. By checking the box labeled Remember Me, your personal information will automatically appear (if needed) in any future sessions.

Our site places a cookie on your computer to remember your personal information. This cookie is a file that contains the information you enter on this form so we can access it when necessary. Remember Me simply alleviates you from entering personal information each time you use our site.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Should be able to delete your cookies and it'll clear itself.

Oh, that's probably what happened??
    Thanks for the quick reply. I just wonder how to get my info removed??

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
    In the 2nd Amendment section, "GOA action alert" thread I clicked on the link filled out the form and sent the e-mail to my Senators. Problem is that now when I click on that alert it comes up with all my info filled in on the form. I'm concerned that this info is there for all to see?? Don't know how to delete the info from the link. Maybe if someone else sends an e-mail their info will appear.

Help please!

Jim
    No worries. Only you will see your info. When I bring up the link my info, not yours, shows up. It is saved to your browser.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Yeah, OK! I got it fixed, I think?? Thanks for all your help.

Jim

Doh, I may have misunderstood. Were you on a PC that others might use?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

Links