"Already running"

"Already running"

This is a discussion on "Already running" within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I don't visit this section of the forum very often, so sorry if this is "already running"... When a mod closes a thread due to ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By Alex_C
  • 8 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By JD

Thread: "Already running"

"Already running"

I don't visit this section of the forum very often, so sorry if this is "already running"...

When a mod closes a thread due to the topic already being discussed, could they please include a link to the "already running" thread? I'm often finding it hard to track down the threads they are referring to when I want to read or contribute to them. Sometimes the "already running" thread is in a completely different sub forum.

And before you say "use the search function", sorry, but like on most forums the search function sucks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    I don't visit this section of the forum very often, so sorry if this is "already running"...

When a mod closes a thread due to the topic already being discussed, could they please include a link to the "already running" thread? I'm often finding it hard to track down the threads they are referring to when I want to read or contribute to them.
    It seems to depend on which moderator does the closing.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It seems to depend on which moderator does the closing.
    Some of them seem to do it for the good of the forum and other seem to feel like they are exacting a vengeance.

Can't say I care either way, they do a stellar job of moderating this forum!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

If I can add a real-world example of why I strongly agree: the most recent thread about Joe Biden saying something about people not caring about their rights was shut down with no link or explanation of where it was already running. Sure, there was a link in the OP, but all it leads to is a flash video. I'm on an iPad. No flash. So essentially, I have nothing. If this story is already running somewhere, I assume there's some discussion I can read, or maybe a source with more info, possibly even a non-flash video. But the way I browse here, I haven't run across where this is running, and a link would be a nice courtesy. I've moderated some forums, and I know it can be tough, and I commend the mods here, but as a general suggestion, I'd say this one is very reasonable.

Thanks,

Ricky

Closed. Already posted.

Actually, sometimes I am short, and forget to post the link. I'll try to do better. That was me on the Biden thread. I just can't stand him. He's stupid as a bag o' rocks. I hunted for the prior post, and couldn't find it, so I restored the new one. Sorry ya'll.

Vengeance? No, that's when you get a new avatar.

And yea, the "Search" function takes a Ph.D is summin' or other.........

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Thank you for your responses Keep up the good work!

JD
    Administrator

Re: "Already running"

We get any more Biden threads and were going to need a new sub-forum for them all...

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

We could make them a "Sticky" like the Bathroom thread!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Sponsored Links