Question to any of the Mods

This is a discussion on Question to any of the Mods within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Well, I've been known to ask some stupid questions in my life, so here comes another one. I was looking through the foul language thread ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Question to any of the Mods

Question to any of the Mods

Well, I've been known to ask some stupid questions in my life, so here comes another one.

I was looking through the foul language thread and noticed that folks would get notices(?) from the Mods and that there was some sort of points system here for "offenses." Could someone explain to me exactly how this all works? I was trying to find if I had any "points" against me but couldn't figure out how to do it. But, I'm pretty hopeless with computers, too.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Top of the screen... click on your screen name. Then there is a tab called "infractions". But you'll get PM'ed if you are getting flagged... you don't have to wonder. Or so I hear, I mean.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

You will know LOL
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Top of the screen... click on your screen name. Then there is a tab called "infractions". But you'll get PM'ed if you are getting flagged... you don't have to wonder. Or so I hear, I mean.
    Yeah, you'll get notified. Trust me, on that.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

How come all of the replies come from VIP members? Are they the only ones who get the infraction points?
    pittypat21 likes this.
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times.” - Gabe Suarez

Been notified only once so far.

You'll know - It's not a contest, you seem bummed to have not gotten one - I wish I could get mine removed, it's like a scratch on a new car - I keep staring at it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPackman View Post
    Well, I've been known to ask some stupid questions in my life, so here comes another one.

I was looking through the foul language thread and noticed that folks would get notices(?) from the Mods and that there was some sort of points system here for "offenses." Could someone explain to me exactly how this all works? I was trying to find if I had any "points" against me but couldn't figure out how to do it. But, I'm pretty hopeless with computers, too.
    You have no infractions or warnings or infraction points.

Now when I just checked suntzu I thought (at first glance) that I was looking at a page ripped out of a dictionary....under the letter "I"
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by commonground View Post
    How come all of the replies come from VIP members? Are they the only ones who get the infraction points?
    No, but we've been 'round the dance floor enough to have seen what happens. Yes, some of us have been "dinged" once or twice, some erroneously. But when it comes right down to it, the in-and-out types who earn such infractions tend not to be around long. (You'll not be hearing from most of them, as they're no longer here.)

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Now when I just checked suntzu I thought (at first glance) that I was looking at a page ripped out of a dictionary.
    Word. But, Suntzu's such a nice poster. He couldn't possibly ... could he??
    suntzu likes this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Thanks QK and everyone else. No, not bummed Thunder, just pleasantly confused as per usual. Comes with the advancing years.
    NRA Life Member

Lead Moderator
    Don't worry, if you mess up you will receive a notification, and has been mentioned you can always check yourself. Fortunately most folks learn after a warning or their first couple of points. However, there have been those that have insisted on working their way up to the 50 point automatic ban level, and a couple that couldn't understand that we have, and enforce rules we have found over the years to be in the best interest of the forum (we call that death by Mod).
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

You only get so many of um and you gain points for each one you get. sometimes you get just a warning and no points. once you get one though, they never go away; they do however expire.

Had a couple of run in's when I was a yearling. Yup, got the "Tee" shirt to prove it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

50 points, wow.

I got a warning once about a copyright and learned my lesson pretty quick.

There's a lot of people I don't see around anymore.. :D
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Get your post count high enough and I bet you get away with a few bad words here and there.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Get your post count high enough and I bet you get away with a few bad words here and there.
    I'm convinced it has far more to do with name-calling, abusive use of the words that are used, or use of the few "bomb" words that aren't tolerated. Tangling/arguing with the mods also doesn't fly well. Nor does continued retorting/hijacking outside the OP's original post intent (that's one I'm intimately familiar with, myself ; damn my stubborn nature, in that regard.).

As QK indicated, merely using a word here and there in speech isn't what does it. And folks of all stripes have been invited to leave, some fairly high post counts included.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links