Off Topic and Humor Section

This is a discussion on Off Topic and Humor Section within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Posts in Off Topic and Humor do not show up when I use the "New Posts" button or when I check new posts via Tapatalk. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Off Topic and Humor Section

VIP Member

Off Topic and Humor Section

Posts in Off Topic and Humor do not show up when I use the "New Posts" button or when I check new posts via Tapatalk. Is this just me or does this section just not show up in new post searches?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

Same here....
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Been that way since the last update, now you have to select the “Active Topics” button or go directly to the “ Off Topic and Humor” forum. I do wish they could change it back.
    gregnsc and blitzburgh like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Been that way since the last update, now you have to select the “Active Topics” button or go directly to the “ Off Topic and Humor” forum. I do wish they could change it back.
    I do too! It's a pain to check one section all by itself and it's a real pain to do it via the mobile.
    NRA Life Member

I noticed the same thing on tapatalk which usually what I post from.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Folks have, in past, complained that some of the non-topical stuff shows up in searches and "new" listings. I know of several discussions about the New Members posts in the listings, though I haven't heard of any grousing about the non-topical stuff. Though, if unrelated to Defensive Carry, it's not as though that wouldn't make sense (to exclude such things from the standard lists), particularly since if folks want to truly go after the unrelated stuff they can head to the unrelated forum. JMHO.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Folks have, in past, complained that some of the non-topical stuff shows up in searches and "new" listings. I know of several discussions about the New Members posts in the listings, though I haven't heard of any grousing about the non-topical stuff. Though, if unrelated to Defensive Carry, it's not as though that wouldn't make sense (to exclude such things from the standard lists), particularly since if folks want to truly go after the unrelated stuff they can head to the unrelated forum. JMHO.
    I guess that makes some sense, especially the 'new member' posts given it's almost always a bunch of 'hellos' and little else. I'm not sure I can agree with that for the OT&H section given how much use it actually sees and the fact that it's actual discussion about posted topics, not just 'hellos'.
    NRA Life Member

Links