Problem with a vendor on here

This is a discussion on Problem with a vendor on here within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I just want to start off saying that ive got a problem with a vendor on here. I won't say any names out in the ...

Thread: Problem with a vendor on here

Problem with a vendor on here

I just want to start off saying that ive got a problem with a vendor on here. I won't say any names out in the open as to not call this vendor out. But I've sent this person/company money for an item about a month ago. I've sent multiple Pms to the vendor and have gotten a few replies telling me they had some issues and that my item would ship out next week. Well that was last week and I sent them another pm last Friday and I've gotten no response. I've seen the vendor has been online since then several times since I've asked. I'd just like a response on when this will be shipped out or my money refunded. Mods sorry if this is in the wrong place but we don't have a seller/buyer feedback section for vendors

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Got a phone number for them? Request a number via PM. Sometimes personal communication can solve a problem that texting cannot.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

It was not a text. It's was a message sent on this board to them

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    If it shipped out last week, I would assume it is going to arrive this week.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Best thing to do is remain calm, polite, and understanding. In the current climate, any firearm, accessories, or related items are going to be more of an issue to get than flowers for grandma. Be patient and respectful, and understand that there are circumstances that may not be communicated to you that are affecting your sale. Just do what you can to help them get your item to you in a timely manner.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

You have learned that just because a vendor pays money to advertise on a gun forum it does not mean anything at all other than he can afford to advertise. Each vendor has to be taken on its own merits. If you are not satisfied just tell them that you will notify your credit card company to withhold payment. Here is a little secret. Your credit card company will often take your side and give you a refund. This is especially true if the amount is small because it is cheaper just to give you a credit than spend the time fighting the vendor. Just make sure you give the vendor a fair chance to make good.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Well I figure a month to get something so small to me that seemed to me to be readily available is more than enough time. Even with the "problem" they had

And I'm being respectful. AT least I think I am. I haven't threatened anything. Just asked when my order would be shipped and or if it has been shipped. If not. Man up and refund me my money. In today's world. I don't like just handing money to anyone or anything without getting something in return. I'm not the government just handing out money for free. I have to work for mine just like most of us do

VIP Member
    Maybe just give 'em a call.

Most holster makers are craftsman, not businessmen. The notion of keeping a customer updated on the status of an order would never cross their minds. Although I don't see 4 weeks as an excessive wait. I just got off the phone with a holster guy that I buy from all the time - I've waited 8 weeks so far for my most recent purchase. He informed me that it'll probably be at least another two weeks!

It is what it is. There are always excuses, but I also struggle with waiting 10+ weeks for two small pieces of leather, sewn together with a J-clip. This is a gift that I promised to a friend, so I'll let the order ride, otherwise I'd cancel it. In any case, my guy just lost a loyal customer.

JD
    Administrator
    If you have a legitimate problem with a vendor, I have no qualms about it being posted here. We have a member feedback section as well....maybe we need a vendor feedback section.

However, as mentioned above, be reasonable and respectful.

Patience is a virtue.

"Seemed" to you to be readily available doesn't mean it WAS readily available. You are only aware of what's going on on your end of the deal. You already said that they told you that there have been issues, so things aren't running perfectly smooth.

Just because the vendor is being shown as "online" doesn't mean that they are sitting in front of their computer with their face glued to the screen just dying to receive a PM to respond to.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

It's one thing dealing with a large retail outlet or distributor. It's another thing altogether dealing with custom and semi-custom manufacturers.

People who are a one man operation or someone who may only have 3 or 4 other employees/helpers I still consider essentially a one man operation. I give those types of people a whole lot of leeway. It's frustrating yes, but having a lot more patience with these kinds of craftsmen usually pays off once you get your item.

Bear in mind, some of these people may not even get a chance to read emails in a timely manner if they have a huge backlog.

I'm not making excuses for anyone. Just trying to reiterate what a few others are pointing out.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member
    I agree with most of the above. Small businesses can be a major challenge to operate and you should have some patience.

With this said, you also have rights as a consumer. If you are not happy with the service or response time you have a right to ask for a refund. If you are not granted the refund, then you have every right share the experience with the rest of us. And, I know from experience that most of us will appreciate it. I search for reviews on vendors and products on this forum all of the time because I respect most of the opinions here.

Well I'm not trying to put anyone in front of or under the bus on the situation. I would just like a response on when or if my order will be shipped or even ready. I feel I'm being patient. But I'm not used to waiting this long for things

Get a phone number and call if possible. As many times as necessary. I spent about 5 years as a consultant to small business owners and many of them have very poor follow up and very poor understanding of customer service. They got in business as an extension of a specific talent or hobby and are often disorganized and overwhelmed. Also, they are typically the chief laborer as well as the business owner. I doubt they are ignoring you on purpose. They may not be checking private messages or email very often.

Links