Update on a new member and how and what I carry.......................

This is a discussion on Update on a new member and how and what I carry....................... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; All of the posts from this site (and a few others) have been a great learning experience for me. After selling my 6" nickel Ruger ...

Thread: Update on a new member and how and what I carry.......................

All of the posts from this site (and a few others) have been a great learning experience for me.
    After selling my 6" nickel Ruger .357 mag many moons ago, I decided to get back into something I liked. Back in the day, there was no way I could carry that cannon for 2 reasons. One, NJ was a very hostile place to own a gun and even if I could get a CCW there, it was too big to carry.

Current state: I now live in PA and own a Taurus TCP and a. DB9. The TCP is slightly larger of the crowd of 380 autos and the DB9 is one of the smaller 9mm's. The TCP is my summer carry and the DB9 is my winter and city carry. Both are equipped with Crimson lasers. They are just about identical in size and weight and fit nicely into and form of carry I choose. The key word in that sentence is CARRY. Iím never without my gun and I know that there are many of you out there that think a 380 is too small to get the job done if need be. Some of the old-timers might agree with that but, Iím content to let go for now.

These guns are for my personal defense only and I practice with them on my friendís farm at least once a week. If you know anything about these 2 guns; you already know they can be a challenge to put 100 +rounds each per week. Not meant for the range at all. I donít hunt and my groups at 15-25 feet are tight and even better if the laser is visible as I practice in every light condition. Is a bigger gun better? Perhaps however; Iím very comfortable with my choices and carrying a 380 and or a 9mm ALL the time is better than leaving the .45 home because you canít manage to dress around it.
    Richard

Welcome from Iowa. If you are comfortable and confident in what you carry, thats all that matters, some will say the only thing to carry is a full size fighting weapon, thats great for some people, I live in a town of about 5500 and sometimes travel to the big city, a full size to me is just too much gun to lug around. If I'm headed to town I might carry one with more capacity or bring an extra mag, and I'm perfectly happy. Do best gun is the one you have with you.

CSL
    100+ rounds per week? That'll run up a bill pretty quick! Especially with the current ammo market! I usually shoot about once a month; twice if I'm lucky. That's all that funds will allow. I would love to go every week, though!

BTW welcome from SW Ohio! I think .380 is adequate for most situations, especially if you are proficient with the gun - and it sounds like you are.
    Bible thumpin', gun totin' Hoosier

Join the NRA

Thanks…………………..Point well taken.
    Regarding how I carry; I’m getting more and more comfortable with the below co and link. They make nice type tee shirt with a great elastic type pocket for either of my mouse guns and another pocket for an extra clip. When carrying chambered; I like that method rather than in my front right pocket. I tend to “touch” my gun when my hand goes in my pocket..
    Daltech Force …………………
    http://www.daltechforce.com/nice

Actually, it was supposed to read 100+ rounds for both guns….lol
    Slight typo…………….Getting harder to get ammo. Isn’t that bout a *****. We can have all the guns we want but we’re having a hard time getting ammo……………………..why does HLS need 750 million rounds of hollow points for practice?

Links