Notification?

Notification?

This is a discussion on Notification? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Just joined today but I don't see a instant or for that matter any indication that a reply to my post will happen. Is it ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BigDeal
  • 1 Post By BigDeal

Thread: Notification?

Notification?

Just joined today but I don't see a instant or for that matter any indication that a reply to my post will happen. Is it something I'm not seeing when I post up a reply, or start a new post? On most sites I'm familiar with there's a box that I can choose that will give me the option of a instant notification of a reply to my post, I don't see that here can anyone tell me how the notification system works here.....Thanks
    tony1990 likes this.

...welcome...don't know all the options here either but I just click on "New Posts" and look to see what's new by time posted...

Thanks Snub44, I found it! I checked the box by subscription and then in the drop down I choose Instantly, using email. So now I'm good to go....Thanks

...and thanks for tellin' me about it...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    Thanks Snub44, I found it! I checked the box by subscription and then in the drop down I choose Instantly, using email. So now I'm good to go....Thanks
    I cannot find a box to check or a drop down menu. Can you help me out? Thanks.

Okay I might be wrong but I believe the only time you have this option is when you 1st answer a post of someone else started or you begin a brand new thread of your own. The Mod's here can correct me if I'm wrong.

Now when your finished with your post look below it, you will see the area that says ( Additional Options ) right below it you'll see Attachments in bold black, below that also in bold black you'll see
    (Subscription) also in bold black now underneath you will see [Subscribe to this thread and notify [X]
    me of changes] Through my control panel only [X}

When you check the Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes box that will also check the other box that says, Through my control panel only just like my example.
    now run your mouse arrow over the [X] by "Through my control panel only" now you will see 3 choices that will be in the drop down on how you would like to be notified....Pick one, then hit Submit new thread
    Now you will get notification via your email. Let me know if you have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeal View Post
    Okay I might be wrong but I believe the only time you have this option is when you 1st answer a post of someone else started or you begin a brand new thread of your own. The Mod's here can correct me if I'm wrong.

Now when your finished with your post look below it, you will see the area that says ( Additional Options ) right below it you'll see Attachments in bold black, below that also in bold black you'll see
    (Subscription) also in bold black now underneath you will see [Subscribe to this thread and notify [X]
    me of changes] Through my control panel only [X}

When you check the Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes box that will also check the other box that says, Through my control panel only just like my example.
    now run your mouse arrow over the [X] by "Through my control panel only" now you will see 3 choices that will be in the drop down on how you would like to be notified....Pick one, then hit Submit new thread
    Now you will get notification via your email. Let me know if you have any problems.

Got it. Thanks a lot.

Glad to hear it worked out for you!

On the top right part of the screen you will have the "My Profile" button. Click on this and it will show all your post that you can click on to check for replies.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    On the top right part of the screen you will have the "My Profile" button. Click on this and it will show all your post that you can click on to check for replies.
    Your right, but using the email option allows you to do other things online and still be just a click away when you check your email for responses to threads you are active on here.
    tony1990 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum

Thanks Once, This is a great site, where all brands are welcome. Makes it a lot easier to honestly say what needs to be said about any hand gun if its great shout it out! If not that's ok too.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, from Virginia.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

If you are looking to start a new thread, you first go to the forum tab, find a category that fits your thread. click that category, on the left you will see new thread click that and you can type out your thread. hope this helped

Links