For an Admin....? about how site works

This is a discussion on For an Admin....? about how site works within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Don't quite understand where current post go or how to find them.... Example: a post early this am about a dad in Florida looking for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By buckeye .45

Thread: For an Admin....? about how site works

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

For an Admin....? about how site works

Don't quite understand where current post go or how to find them....

Example: a post early this am about a dad in Florida looking for help for his daughter about females and concealed carry...
    It was there at 4:00 and now it's gone...at 4:00 there were about 5 pages of post now there are 2 and a half pages...

where do and why do these post go....how can you locate one if you have additional interest in the subject....

Thanks
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

How are you navigating the site?

Are you using the "New Posts" button? If so, it only shows you threads with posts made since your last visit. You can also search the forum by sub-forum, (general firearms discussion, rifles&shotguns, off topic & humor, ect...) Off the forum homepage.
    gasmitty likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    How are you navigating the site?

Are you using the "New Posts" button? If so, it only shows you threads with posts made since your last visit. You can also search the forum by sub-forum, (general firearms discussion, rifles&shotguns, off topic & humor, ect...) Off the forum homepage.
    Yep...I do use the new post tab....I was not aware of that aspect ... thanks for the update....I appreciate it..will give that a try for sure.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Lead Moderator
    There is also a subscribe option you can use to mark posts you wish to follow.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Personally, I spend the majority of my time in the ACTIVE TOPICS area to see the most recent comments/topics.

DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum - Active Topics
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanadon View Post
    Personally, I spend the majority of my time in the ACTIVE TOPICS area to see the most recent comments/topics.

DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum - Active Topics

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Yep...I do use the new post tab....I was not aware of that aspect ... thanks for the update....I appreciate it..will give that a try for sure.
    If you do use the NewPosts feature, (as noted by buckeye.45) it'll only show posts since your last login. Typically, I use this one if simply searching for the newest discussions since my last login, no matter how many that happens to be.

And, as iguanadon pointed out, the Active Topics method can show you the active ~40 threads. Useful for when NewPosts doesn't show enough. Though, if no activity has occurred on your thread of interest within those latest 40, you won't see it there.

But, presuming you've subscribed to that thread either manually or by participating in it ... If you use the <Settings> link, though (upper-right of all screens), you'll get a list of your subscriptions in right-hand portion of the display that'll show you threads you've either posted to or are following via a manual subscription. And if you don't see the thread you're looking for on that list, just scroll to the bottom of that list and click on the <view all subscribed threads> button to show many more pages of subscription's you've got. Typically, I use this feature if I'm specifically searching for any thread I've got subscriptions to, no matter that it's just the "new" ones.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links