I keep getting kicked

I keep getting kicked

This is a discussion on I keep getting kicked within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; The last week or so I have had to relog in about 25 times each visit. Just about every other page I load. Anybody else?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RightyLefty

Thread: I keep getting kicked

I keep getting kicked

The last week or so I have had to relog in about 25 times each visit.
    Just about every other page I load.

Anybody else?

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Sounds like you could have a cookie problem with your browser. Is it set to delete your cookies automatically?
    bigmacque likes this.

I just got my pc outta the shop last week and everytime I bounce into a new site I gotta log back in. I don't know what the deal is. Get with QK...he's an Admin. He ought to be able to help you out.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The cookie suggestion is a good one; any chance your machine auto-updated to IE 10? I've had to set a lot of machines to compatibility mode to get IE 10 to run web sites.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

It does sound like your browser's "cookie" settings are getting blasted each and every time you close your browser. Check through your settings in your browser. If you want to ensure that all cookies get blasted except certain ones you specify (ie, your bank, DefensiveCarry, etc), then you need to specify an exception for each of those sites. I do this with my own browser, and it works very well. Such a "white list" of sites get a bye on cookie creation, and all others get refused and disallowed the creation of cookies. Keeps things clean, but still allows my chosen sites to use cookies. Done this way, DC doesn't forcibly eject me and doesn't keep asking me to login.

Suggestion:

• Logout from DC.
    • Close, then reopen your browser.
    • Get into the "cookies" section, and delete your DefensiveCarry.com cookies.
    • Flag your "cookies" handling to (a) disallow all cookies, and (b) have an entry for each site you want as an exception (to allow cookies just for that site).
    • Login to DC, again, going through the posting process. You shouldn't get kicked off the site, now.
    • If you avoid logging out of DC, then it should retain your connection via the cookie. Next time you shut down your browser but then reconnect, you should still be logged-in to DC.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    The cookie suggestion is a good one; any chance your machine auto-updated to IE 10? I've had to set a lot of machines to compatibility mode to get IE 10 to run web sites.
    As an IT admin I can say me too, A LOT of them.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

been doing it to me, after I post something.... it does a few blinks.. then I'm logged out. So, I'll log in again.......... right after this post.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I haven't had any problems. Running Safari on Mac OS X Lion.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    The last week or so I have had to relog in about 25 times each visit.
    Just about every other page I load.

Anybody else?
    If you were connected using Verizon then there is your answer. Things have been goofy with Verizon for a little while now.
    They have probably been too busy handing over the phone records for all Verizon customers to be paying any attention to their Internet connectivity issues.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    If you were connected using Verizon then there is your answer. Things have been goofy with Verizon for a little while now.
    They have probably been too busy handing over the phone records for all Verizon customers to be paying any attention to their Internet connectivity issues.
    Yep with Verizon

Administrator
    Yesterday evening I was smack in the middle of completing a payment for a push knife and Verizon froze me right on the Confirm Payment then booted me off.

It was right during a peak connection time - I think a couple of minutes to 8:00PM - at least I didn't end up paying twice so it could have been worse.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Sponsored Links