Suggestion for In the News Sub-forum

Suggestion for In the News Sub-forum

This is a discussion on Suggestion for In the News Sub-forum within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I, like many members and moderators, am becoming increasingly annoyed with the sheer amount of people that are incapable of reading what the "In the ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By pittypat21
  • 1 Post By pittypat21
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 1 Post By wmhawth

Thread: Suggestion for In the News Sub-forum

Lightbulb Suggestion for In the News Sub-forum

I, like many members and moderators, am becoming increasingly annoyed with the sheer amount of people that are incapable of reading what the "In the News" sub-forum is meant for.

But, like I was told in the Marine Corps, you don't bring problems, you bring solutions. So, to avoid the issue of constantly closing down threads, I have come up with a solution: rename the sub-forum "Self Defense In the News". With this title, the purpose will be incredibly clear.

Thoughts?
    Hopyard and dV8r like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    Sorry about that too, I admit i have done that once or four times . I tend to think it is a "News Section" so then its ok to post something in the news I must say when the few times i have messed up i did not do it to get away with something or to ignore the rules it was just a brain fart for the moment . I will say there are several layers of the forum and i am still learning the ropes not being a computer geek.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I agree, a new tittle, like the one you proposed, would make it crystal clear.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Maybe, "Gun Defense In the News" so there's no confusion as to what kind of defense should be discussed.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I hate to say this, but regardless of what you title a sub-forum someone will put something in it incorrectly.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I hate to say this, but regardless of what you title a sub-forum someone will put something in it incorrectly.
    Possibly, but the amount of incorrectly placed posts would diminish drastically.
    phreddy likes this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Possibly, but the amount of incorrectly placed posts would diminish drastically.
    I agree. Quite a few people read only the first few words and put news items in there. It won't make the problem go away totaly, but it should cut down on some of the inccorect posts.

VIP Member
    Relax, everybody. How is the "I'm bored, let's count to a million" thread coming along?
    bigmacque likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Relax, everybody. How is the "I'm bored, let's count to a million" thread coming along?
    I don't know about that one but I see the "Official Restroom Thread" has 283 replies.
    bigmacque likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Isn't the Official 'Like This Post' thread beating all of them though?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    How about this new title:

"SELF-DEFENSE NEWS STORIES ONLY - Absolutely, Positively Nothing Else...Not Even If You Think It Is Cool And The Link You Want To Post Has Something To Do With Guns, Knives, Bows, Compound Bows, Arrows, Crossbows, Tasers, Stun Guns, OC Spray, Pepper Spray, Noxious Gas, Clubs, Bats, Batons, Sticks, Nunchucks, Throwing Stars, Swords, Axes, Hatches, Tomahawks, Hammers, Sledge Hammers, Rocks, Stones, Bricks, Ammo, Bullets, Bombs, Explosives, Tanks, Cannons, Rockets, Rocket Launchers, Torpedoes, Depth Charges, Mortars, Molotov Cocktails, Lasers, Phasers, Photon Torpedoes, Laser Blasters, Lightsabers, Death Stars, Lead Pipes, Rope, Candlestick, Wrench, Dagger, or Revolver...NO STORIES ABOUT Politics, Economics, Court Cases, Celebrities, Celebrity Wannabes, Aliens (legal, illegal or from outer space, inner space, inner earth, middle earth, sea, ocean, lake, water, or another dimension, realm, or time), Bigfoot, Sasquatch, Chewbacca, Chupacabra, Ghosts, Demons, Spirits, Orcs, Zombies, The Infected/Mutated, Infectious Diseases, Plagues, Pandemics, Famine, Apocalypse, Time Travel, Force Fields, Invisibility Cloaks, Cloaking Devices, Scopes, Night Vision, Tracking Devices, Gun Confiscation, Ammo Taxing, Gun Registration, EMPs, UN, UN Arms Treaty, NSA, DHS, FBI, CIA, IRS, DOJ, ATF or Any Other Alphabet Agency, Bug Out Bags, Bug Out Vehicles, Ammo Shortages, Gun Shortages, Ammo Manufacturers, Gun Manufacturers, TV Networks, TV Talk Shows, Radio Networks, Radio Talk Shows, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Data Mining, The Internet, School Suspensions, Conspiracy Theories, Suicides, Martial Law, Movies, Anti Gun Blogs, Pro Gun Blogs, Gun Buster Signs, AND ANYTHING ELSE NOT MENTIONED HERE THAT ISN'T SELF-DEFENSE RELATED"
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I agree, a new tittle, like the one you proposed, would make it crystal clear.
    How about a new sub-forum just for "Jots and Tittles".
    lionround likes this.

Sponsored Links