Minnesota residents can no longer carry concealed in North Dakota, period!

This is a discussion on Minnesota residents can no longer carry concealed in North Dakota, period! within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Effective 8-1-13 Minnesota residents can no longer carry concealed in North Dakota, and ALL non-resident concealed carry permits are null and void if your state ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By NavyAirdale
  • 1 Post By sliderbk
  • 1 Post By maxwell97

Thread: Minnesota residents can no longer carry concealed in North Dakota, period!

Effective 8-1-13 Minnesota residents can no longer carry concealed in North Dakota, and ALL non-resident concealed carry permits are null and void if your state has no reciprocity with ND. This is regardless of whether you have any other non-resident permits recognized by North Dakota. If you are a Minnesota resident, or your state does not have reciprocity with ND, you CANNOT carry a concealed weapon in North Dakota, period! Minnesota legislators have repeatedly refused to answer North Dakota's requests for reciprocity so ND legislators played the game and the innocent victims are law-abiding, honest Minnesota residents & others with North Dakota non-resident concealed carry permits like me. I'm a former LEO and a ND non-resident permit holder for 20+ years. Our Minnesota liberal, do-nothing, anti-2nd Amendment, democrat legislature passed gay marriage and raised taxes sky high, but that's about all they did the last session. Now that I'm thinking about it, they haven't done anything for its citizens for many years except tax them to death.
    Last edited by NavyAirdale; August 20th, 2013 at 09:59 AM. Reason: clarification
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Glock 22 & 26
    Rem 870 S&W Mod 66
    Minnesota Permit-to-Carry Instructor
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Glad I will never be going to N Dakota.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

As a Wisconsin resident, we have current reciprocity with ND, so going to ND is fine. Going to MN is not. Sucks to be a MN resident, but you got what you voted for. Happy Higher Taxes to the Land of 10K Lakes.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

Quote Originally Posted by sliderbk View Post
    As a Wisconsin resident, we have current reciprocity with ND, so going to ND is fine. Going to MN is not. Sucks to be a MN resident, but you got what you voted for. Happy Higher Taxes to the Land of 10K Lakes.
    Agreed. It's not North Dakota that has the problem, it's the states that refuse to play nicely. As I understand it from Gary Slider's site, ND went the extra mile to create a 2-tiered CCW system to enable some measure of concealed carry privileges for the greatest number of non-residents.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member
    I'm covered on both my cc permits. Looks like WI and Ut are still good. I've never been to ND, sounds like a good place to visit.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

I can go to ND, but not Minn.

Quote Originally Posted by sliderbk View Post
    I sure as hell didn't vote for these clowns.
    Madcap_Magician likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

GH
    I think it all started when MN residents voted for Jesse Ventura & I even served with him when he was Jim Janos, Radioman 2nd.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Wikipedia says he was a SK3.

ND is VERY gun friendly. They were going to drop the need for CCW a few years ago, but, realized that the CCW allowed for residents to carry in other states. Here we can own suppressors and full auto weapons with the tax stamp. Try that in MN. There has always been bad blood between ND and MN.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I sure as hell didn't vote for these clowns.
    ^This. :(
    Hakkaa päälle!

Links