Closed Thread - Poll Shall not be infrinded

This is a discussion on Closed Thread - Poll Shall not be infrinded within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I find it very disturbing a thread that was deemed in need of closing would be opened 4 time by the moderators for them to ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By SCXDm9
  • 5 Post By rocky
  • 7 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Closed Thread - Poll Shall not be infrinded

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

I find it very disturbing a thread that was deemed in need of closing would be opened 4 time by the moderators for them to post their final thoughts and even challenge posters to explain themselves and then reclose the thread without allowing them to answer.

I generally dismiss posters that hint or openly post about government control but I guess if the simple power granted a forum moderator can be used to limit free speech to only fellow moderators I guess I should pay more attention to those I previously dismissed. I have enjoyed my time here, learned much and had many spirited debates. I'm going to guess this will be my last post before I'm banned.

Take care and carry on in whatever safe manner you choose.

Hal
    warbirds and technomonster like this.

I typed my two responses before I realized the thread was closed. I deleted them.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Thread closed. Nobody is banned unless they need it or ask for it directly.

Mods can post on closed threads without "Opening" or "Reclosing" them - just like any thread, so it doesn't require any extra clicks or actions to do so - just inattentiveness. In fact, if using the "reply" function then it is never"flagged" that the thread is closed. I added these comments after I closed this thread merely to further articulate what happens behind the scenes.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Lead Moderator
    Whoops , in after the lock myself as well on that thread. Apologies if it seems I was adding my thoughts in after the lock purposely.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

MORE COFFEE! MORE COFFEE! Can't ya'll pay us mods MORE?

Sponsored Links