Big thanks for the advice

This is a discussion on Big thanks for the advice within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; About six months ago I came to this site because of an issue where I was denied the right to purchase a fire arm because ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Big thanks for the advice

About six months ago I came to this site because of an issue where I was denied the right to purchase a fire arm because of a past conviction 10 years prior. So I went to you good people for advice because everything seemed very borderline that it could have happened both ways. I consulted an attorney who a letter (for free even!!), copied all records of the court ruling, issued my appeal and even though it took 3 months I received notification that my crime did not fall into the banned categories. It was property damage by the way and I have always accepted my guilt in the issue, so I have no excuses. I was stupid.

But today I have now purchased my second fire arm and it was pleasing to go into it and complete it with no issue. Kind of nice knowing I can use something more than a slingshot to defend my home and family now. But very thankful that my I was able to clear up my past mistakes so my family does not suffer from it because of taking your much appreciated advice.

Well that's one of the major good points of a site/forum like DC Expo Man. Many folks here all with some experience in gun stuff and just plain 'life stuff' offering up advice-ideas-and in your case bonifide legal advice. Glad it worked out for ya.
    TDH1961, ccman, Sister and 1 others like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I appreciate it. In the name of the law, yes I am a criminal. I hate it and when I was 22 it meant very little. But being a self supporting man at 32, married with a home and six kids I raise in the home I am quite proud of what I have accomplished in ten years and believe I am a reasonable American. When this came up it was a punch in the stomach because I thought I paid my dues and accomplished everything the courts rightfully and gracefully expected I do and afterwards I moved on from my mistakes and lived the life I wanted my family to be proud of. But it is what it is and I seeked the advice of you people and I am forever grateful. It may seem small to you but when it comes to my family and home, the people that offered the advice took their time to for me to protect my family. It doesnt get much more important than that. Sounds sappy Im sure, but its a pretty damn high priority on my list. I thank you again.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; November 3rd, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by expodis View Post
    But it is what it is and I seeked the advice of you people and I am forever grateful. It may seem small to you but when it comes to my family and home, the people that offered the advice took their time to for me to protect my family. It doesnt get much more important than that. Sounds sappy Im sure, but its a pretty damn high priority on my list. I thank you again.
    Well, Defensive Carry is a lifestyle and moral code made practical. It's seeking a responsible, lower-key, defensive manner of citizenship, protecting what we value most, defending ourselves and others from injustice ... and all the rest that goes with that. You're right, that it doesn't get much more important than that, to each of us.

Glad to have you here. Jump in anywhere, with the discussions and contributions. The "water" is fine.
    TDH1961, NONAME762, ccman and 2 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Glad it worked out for you. Welcome.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Congratulations on actually doing what needed to be done to make this happen! Good for you!

Welcome to the asset column of Life.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Congratulations on

1) Not letting one mistake steer the direction of the rest of your life. You turned things around and are a respectable and productive member of society. +1

2) On taking the initiative to seek the proper advice that has enabled you to fully participate in the rights you are due and protecting your family. +Several

You value your right to keep and bear arms way more than many Americans who not only are willing to give it up but are fighting to take it from the rest of us. I hope you get actively involved in the political battles to protect our 2A rights. Congratulations on all accounts!!!
    ccw9mm, Sister, Brad426 and 6 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Congrats on your good news , And continue to be a better you as all of us should be doing everyday . Best to you.
    Stoveman likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Welcome from Savannah. Good to be able to put the past behind you and carry on with a good life.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Sounds great, glad you will have a permit and make MO a bit safer!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats! I'm glad things worked out for you.

Time for a victory dance

Glad it got settled !

VIP Member
    Glad you were able to get things straightened out. Now, don't be a stranger here. There is a wealth of knowledge here, that is willingly shared.
    NONAME762 and airslot like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by expodis View Post
    But today I have now purchased my second fire arm and it was pleasing to go into it and complete it with no issue. Kind of nice knowing I can use something more than a slingshot to defend my home and family now. But very thankful that my I was able to clear up my past mistakes so my family does not suffer from it because of taking your much appreciated advice.
    What's wrong with a slingshot?
    Zralou likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links