Really enjoy DefensiveCarry.com

This is a discussion on Really enjoy DefensiveCarry.com within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Just wanted to let everyone know that I have never found a form that I have enjoyed like this one. I never learned how to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Really enjoy DefensiveCarry.com

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have never found a form that I have enjoyed like this one. I never learned how to type so I hunt and peck. Spell check sometimes just gives me ?????. Since I found this site I have typed more in a month that I have in my whole life. I just want to know if you are addicted if you take your phone to the bathroom with you to read DC. Pics to follow. And the box at the bottom is scratch and sniff. I have already gotten 1 warning and 1 infraction maybe this won't get me kicked off or I might go into withdrawals.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDH1961 View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I have never found a form that I have enjoyed like this one. I never learned how to type so I hunt and peck. Spell check sometimes just gives me ?????. Since I found this site I have typed more in a month that I have in my whole life. I just want to know if you are addicted if you take your phone to the bathroom with you to read DC. Pics to follow. And the box at the bottom is scratch and sniff. I have already gotten 1 warning and 1 infraction maybe this won't get me kicked off or I might go into withdrawals.

Please, no......
    Sister, pittypat21, mprp and 1 others like this.

Cool

Kinda sounds like your noggin is wired like mine Mr TDH. My 2nd day here I got a _______<--fill in the blank

Since then I've been schooled in various subjects here. Fill in this ______blank. Yet I am still here. Sometimes I get a little a little off the reservation. If I have been asked to chill out or it has been suggested I " knock it off" I find it necessary and prudent to wander off somewhere where I can either get my rant on or just take a breather and contemplate life.

As for typing well...I took a typing class in high school on a typewriter. Funny thing is I can type faster now using 3 or 4 fingers and a thumb than I ever could in that high school class.

As far as your addiction to DC is concerned I too am a DC Head Mr TDH. (Beats being a crack/meth head tho wouldn't you agree?) I've only been here a bit over 8 months and have a bit more than 3 thousand 2 hundred posts. I'm retired, have too much spare time and often find myself with an ''attitude' so as it has been my experience (in life) I semi often find myself at odds with rules/regs/ordinances.

You should apply to be a pal over at my profile. Anti social types are always welcome in NoNameVille.

BTW...I LOVE those scratch and sniffs.

PS No modern tech here at NoName Central other than my slow Gateway. No ipod-Ipad-cell-Tablet-Sat phone-No caller ID-no online banking. NoNameVille and Fred Flintstone are like peas and carrots tho.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

I do have to say that not so long ago I didnt do forums. Gun or otherwise. I stumbled onto DC and some others but here is the only one I come to for a long time now.
    I enjoy it very much. I dont think ive gotten any infractions. Not sure how to tell if I have LOL.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    As for typing well...I took a typing class in high school on a typewriter.
    Y[/B]

:

As did I... reminds me of a conversation held with a buddy of mine before my sophomore year in high school -

Buddy: You picked your electives yet?

Me: Not yet.

Buddy: Dude, you have to take typing.

Me: What? No freakin' way!

Buddy: C'mon, man, it'll be me, you and a room full of girls.

Me: I'm in...

Hands down one of the most useful classes I have ever taken.

I've often thought about procuring an old IBM Selectric just for kicks.....
    novaX522, mprp, WHEC724 and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    They keep it clean here, a lot of good people on this forum. I had visited some Christian forums and they were more tolerant with people being rude to others trying to be pc and I got sick of it and left. I still belong to a Banjo forum but only visit when I try to learn something but usually can youtube what I'm wanting to know there. The Banjo forum was big time anti Jesus/God and that was a turn off for me.

I think the mods here are fair, I've gotten infractions too but I deserved them. What I did learn was that when you find a poster that is trying to cause you to get into trouble or push your buttons, then you push the button that takes you to their profile, then at the profile look on your left side for the "Ignore this user", click on that then confirm it with a "yes". If you do that then you will not see their post. Has worked very well for me.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Just make sure you keep the rules in the forefront of your mind every time you post. Be mindful of the words you type, the same way you would be mindful of the words you speak.

When in doubt - don't post it.

I'm glad you enjoy the forum. It's kind of the cool place to be.
    Sister and mprp like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    Kennydale, you realize this isn't a New Member introduction post, right?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Thanks guys for the info on the rules but when I was a kid I was always the one that smacked the hornets nest with a stick couldn't help it. Of all of them that I tore apart I got stung once. man I was fast when I was a kid. I could run now if a bear was after me. I'm trying to be good but I ain't making no promises.

I've always been into forums but this is the only gun forum I've stuck around longer than a week after signing up.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Words to the wise: avoid "toilet" humor, treat everyone civilly and respectfully, and post to contribute instead of to incite. Do that, and this forum can be a pretty wonderful place.

BTW, at one time or another, many of us have been saddled with an infraction. Helps to keep the rabble to a minimum. The moderation helps instead of hinders, here. One of the rays of sunshine on DC, to be sure.
    gottabkiddin and ppkheat like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Not complaining about the Mods I broke the rules and got smacked on the hand with the ruler. No big deal and I am not mad in any way. I really do enjoy this site. I'm 52 years old so y'all can quit pointing out the rules, I'm a big boy ain't thin skinned if I say something I shouldn't I'm glad there is someone there to straighten me out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    As did I... reminds me of a conversation held with a buddy of mine before my sophomore year in high school -

We still had manual typewriters in high school.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post

In bold, I couldn't agree more. I took typing in high school as a freshman and it most definitely was worth the investment. Although sometimes I wish that English class would have paid off equally. We used typewriters as well but I guess it's sort of cheating because they were electric. Don't ask me how I remember her name, but the girl that sat behind me in class, Monica, used to always cheat and couldn't get out of the habit of looking at the keys during class. So for our final, it was a bad day for Monica when the teacher turned off the lights in class and we had to type out the story on the projector.

As for the OP, glad you're enjoying it around here. pittypat had some wonderful advice for you to toss around. We wouldn't want to see that magical avatar swap so I think I'll have to pass on your pics idea.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links