Question re: "Database Error"

This is a discussion on Question re: "Database Error" within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; For the last couple weeks, when I'm signed on, and in the middle of following a thread, the board often 'locks up', and I get ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By SIXTO

Thread: Question re: "Database Error"

Odessa FL, South Pasco County, Tampa Bay Area

For the last couple weeks, when I'm signed on, and in the middle of following a thread, the board often 'locks up', and I get a screen msg that states "Database Error". The 'lock-ups' only seem to happen one time per session.

Not happening on any other sites I regularly go to.

It will seem to clear itself and re-connect after a minute or two...or a little sooner if I consistently hit the refresh on the browser.

What I need to know is if there's a glitch in my browser (Firefox), or if it's something going on on your end. Also using a windoze PC, and still running XP Home Ed.

Thanks much, FLc
    THE BILL OF RIGHTS: Void Where Prohibited By Law
    Politically Incorrect?...Maybe. Conformity Challenged?...Absolutely
    "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." (Capt. Woodrow F. Call, TX Ranger, Ret)

Distinguished Member
    Happens to me EVERY day on this site, always RIGHT around 6:30 am eastern time. I just always figured it was a lot of people logging on at the same time.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    I have had it happen a few times, but it never lasts long.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by FLcracker View Post
    For the last couple weeks, when I'm signed on, and in the middle of following a thread, the board often 'locks up', and I get a screen msg that states "Database Error". The 'lock-ups' only seem to happen one time per session.

Not happening on any other sites I regularly go to.

It will seem to clear itself and re-connect after a minute or two...or a little sooner if I consistently hit the refresh on the browser.

What I need to know is if there's a glitch in my browser (Firefox), or if it's something going on on your end. Also using a windoze PC, and still running XP Home Ed.

Thanks much, FLc
    It's just someone making modifications to one of the databases. I run into this occasionally when I am modifying a database and someone else tries to access that particular part of the database.

Don't you get messages from some sites saying a site will be down for maintenance during a certain period of time? Same thing here, but our databases are being modified on the fly. And a darn good job of it, too!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array Wunderneun's Avatar
    I was told maintenance runs at 0530 Central every morning. I'm up a half hour before that and I see it often.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Happens to me EVERY day on this site, always RIGHT around 6:30 am eastern time. I just always figured it was a lot of people logging on at the same time.
    My thoughts were the same (great minds...etc.)....I'm a pretty early daily riser...and pretty much log in between 6-6:30a etz. every day.
    "I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." (Capt. Woodrow F. Call, TX Ranger, Ret)

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    It's just someone making modifications to one of the databases. I run into this occasionally when I am modifying a database and someone else tries to access that particular part of the database.

Don't you get messages from some sites saying a site will be down for maintenance during a certain period of time? Same thing here, but our databases are being modified on the fly. And a darn good job of it, too!
    No doubt! Thanks to all that answered for me... I can at least relax in knowing my soon to be 'classic antique' PC, is not the culprit.

Best, FLc

Happens daily at 6:30 A.M.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    All this time I thought it was due to SIXTO waking up in the morning. Everyone knows the world stops for a major event like that!
    miller_man likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    All this time I thought it was due to SIXTO waking up in the morning. Everyone knows the world stops for a major event like that!
    Its not when I wake up, but when my feet hit the floor.
    miller_man likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Its not when I wake up, but when my feet hit the floor.
    That explains it. The earth gets disgusted and tries to vomit at your contact.... HAHAHA Chuck Norris' feet would make the earth stop in envy...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderneun View Post
    I was told maintenance runs at 0530 Central every morning. I'm up a half hour before that and I see it often.
    That sounds like the Evony game.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Links