Editing posts

Editing posts

This is a discussion on Editing posts within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; OK somebody help me out here, please. How can I edit a post that I made? I want to add an update to my original ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By rocky
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 5 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Editing posts

Editing posts

OK somebody help me out here, please. How can I edit a post that I made? I want to add an update to my original post so it will be seen rather in with all the responses where it will likely be overlooked but can't for the life of me figure out how. Thanks for any help.

Lead Moderator
    You only get a certain time to edit posts , maybe post in bold your update. Also if you PM a mod they might be nice and add a update on post # to your original post.
    Pete63 and Aceoky like this.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    If it has been less than 24 hours there is an edit button in the bottom of the frame around your post. It will only change your original post but will not change its location in the thead, to do that you will need to make a new post or go back to the original an use “reply with a quote”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Thanks for the help. Now I don't feel dumb. I just thought I was missing something simple. I guess I can touch my gun again. I was beginning to wonder if I should be handling a dangerous weapon.

On other sites, they do not have the 24 hour limitation and it is useful for when you have started a thread that turns out to be very long since you can provide a synopsis of some of the information in the thread on the first post. There's one thread on another site concerning powdercoating bullets that has gone on for over 100 pages and the originator updates his first post with information that has been learned during experimentation so that that new people to the thread do not have to wade through all 100 pages.

Most problems in life can be solved with sufficient quantities of high explosives -- or penicillin...

I HATE CENSORSHIP !!!

More info about me

Administrator
    The reason that we have a time limit on editing posts here is that occasionally a member will get a warning or infraction for a rule violation and that will tie a knot in their Under-Roos to the degree that they will decide to leave DefensiveCarry.

Which is just fine with us since there are no chains holding anybody here.

But, what that person will do is go back to all of their previous started threads and previous posts and delete everything that they have ever typed here which completely destroys the continuity of the threads and renders meaningless threads that they have started as the OP of the thread...so for that reason we have an edit time limit.

If anybody decides to leave DC that is fine & we can accommodate you by changing your forum name to something else and making you an EX-Member.

We just don't want a ticked off member deleting all of their posts and screwing up a whole pile of thread topics.

In other words...Don't Go Away MAD...just go away.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Just send all of the Moderators $25 and we'll take care of it. I'm $50 though, but I'm fast.

Links