As a Contributing Member do I receive special accomodations?

This is a discussion on As a Contributing Member do I receive special accomodations? within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; My question is pretty simple and I'd prefer to receive an answer from The Head Guy here cuz I figure he would be ***in the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: As a Contributing Member do I receive special accomodations?

Cool As a Contributing Member do I receive special accomodations?

My question is pretty simple and I'd prefer to receive an answer from The Head Guy here cuz I figure he would be ***in the know*** so to speak.

My question is: If I become a "Contributing Member" will I get more than the current 50 Messages Maximum allowed??? As a former unpopular wallflower I have been surprisingly QUITE POPULAR here at DC. As a result of my popularity I often receive PM's that I'd prefer to keep forever as for better or worse I am one of those sentimental types.

I'm not here asking this to ring my own bell or toot my own horn. I'm serious. I have to regularly delete messages so I can receive new ones. If as a Contributing Member I could have 100 messages instead of the typical 50 I would be fairly ecstatic.

Thank you
    NN762
    welder516 and scgunlover1 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Just download your messages as .cvs files and you can review them in Excel and save them on your HD. If DCDC goes away you'll have saved them so it's not a bad idea anyway.
    LuvMyPX4 likes this.

VIP Member
    Still get the same size mail box. As a contributing member you don't have to pay for your coffee. It does not excuse you from making a new pot if you drink the last cup though.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Do you get to use more colorful language?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    "SPECIAL ACCOMODATIONS???" do you want to start a "social program" to go along with that?

what is this? show and tell? did you bring treats for the whole class?

i think your special accomodation is the right to remain silent.

just kidding. we love you, like a loud mouth step child!!

but seriously? i saw above mentioned you can save the files as some special format or whatever... i'll make it easier for your addled old brain...

copy and paste the messages you want to keep right into a WORD document. you can edit, and emphasize and resize, and space out and do darned near anything you want. you even PRINT them at that point. (isn't technology wonderful?)

sorry, but you set yourself up for a whole barrel full of sarcasm, and i couldn't resist...like a slow pitch....
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

I still have to regularly delete messages to be able to receive new ones. So, no go there. I haven't noticed any special features or upgrades, but then again I haven't looked. If there's any site I don't mind donating to, it's this one!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Just download your messages as .cvs files and you can review them in Excel and save them on your HD. If DCDC goes away you'll have saved them so it's not a bad idea anyway.
    ^this is what I do if I want t save them.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    "SPECIAL ACCOMODATIONS???" do you want to start a "social program" to go along with that?

sorry, but you set yourself up for a whole barrel full of sarcasm, and i couldn't resist...like a slow pitch....
    Hey, Noname is cool people! Be nice.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJ View Post
    Hey, Noname is cool people! Be nice.
    i know, that's why i figured he could handle a little ribbing. i tried to make it known it was joking, but i apologize if i was crass.
    Pete63 likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

I heard there was a health insurance program involved......
    Patti likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    NONAME is an old, cheap, grumpy (crotchity), bacon loving, soon to be on a fixed income, stud that is tying to get us to feel sorry for him.

I ain't buying his whining....

I forgot, "Babe Magnet"..
    Stoveman likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    You realize, of course, that there is a difference between being popular and being ridiculed. Don't you NONAME?

If your are measuring your popularity based on the number of likes you have received form GatorBait I am afraid you are deceiving yourself. GatorBait would "like" posts by Harry Reid!!!!

Just for clarification. JeanLouise and Sister are popular.

Just kidding NoName!! You too Gatorbait!! Both of you are terrific DC members and actually have provided some substantive contributions to the forum.

I can think of two right off the top of my head, no make that one, between the both you that actually made some sense.

Sorry I can't help myself!!
    Last edited by Hodad; March 12th, 2014 at 03:57 PM.
    welder516 and Pete63 like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    My Knuckles drag the ground you don't hear me asking for something special As far as your mailbox i'm pretty sure all the mail is from the MODS.

So if you get special treatment i want a donkey too !!!
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    ... As far as your mailbox i'm pretty sure all the mail is from the MODS.

Senior Member Array SigIsTheAnswer's Avatar
    No one every messages me. Guess I don't need to worry about saving all my lack of PM's. sigh......
    DingBat, welder516 and LuvMyPX4 like this.
    Sig Sauer P516, Sig Sauer P229 Scorpion ,Sig Sauer M11-A1 TB, Beretta PX4 Storm compact, FN Five SeveN 5.7, Glock 30 Gen 3
    Glock 26 Gen 4

Semper Fi USMC 0341/8152 2003-2007
    Army National Guard 11C 2009-2014

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links