Long time player comments

This is a discussion on Long time player comments within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I am a long time player in this forum (since 1 Jan 2007)......even before it was known as DC! I am also a moderator on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Long time player comments

Distinguished Member

Long time player comments

I am a long time player in this forum (since 1 Jan 2007)......even before it was known as DC! I am also a moderator on a couple of different forums, a player in many others and know my way around forums.

I will self confess that I have, at times, violated forum decorum and rules, as is wont for a person with strong feelings on subjects. Yet, each time, if I haven't self-policed when things cooled down, the Moderators (to include admin) have politely and kindly cleaned up my act for me then respectfully have notified me and explained why they did what they did.

So Mods, thank you for doing a great job. You let people have their say, respectfully disagree if they are off base, yet let things continue, are quick to correct if needed, yet moderate in your approach (as I guess a Moderator should be by definition!). In short, well done, all of you.

I am not brown-nosing here as I have nothing to gain one way or another, I simply wanted to show my respect to the folks who are responsible for a well run operation.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Chorizo; April 7th, 2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: can't type for......
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

2. Remove Ads

Bravo Zulu
    BritishAgent likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

I must also agree..
    I am a member on several forums and this is my favorite because of the respect shown to others
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Distinguished Member
    Ditto!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Couldn't agree more. The mods here do an excellent job. I've been online for a long time and visited forums on many, many subjects, and can't think of one that did a better job of keeping things respectable. And that's a very hard job to do.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I always felt comments either good or bad should be given when constructive, good job.

VIP Member
    I agree, hands down it's the best out there.

I often wonder why some threads are closed or removed and others allowed to go on, but that's just part of the fun of IBTL.....

VIP Member
    The Maryland gun forum is full of malcontents and misfits and the owner and Mods. let it happen , that is why i don't go their . Here at DC is a tight run ship but with so many people in and out the Mods. have a tough job as well . So many personalities to deal with .

I honestly do not understand people hollaring and getting disrespectful towards each other it makes no sense to me but i suppose it happens everywhere , this is just the interwebz . I am all about learning and having some fun with other members, my job is about as stressful as it gets and this place allows me to be a little goofy if i want.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

This is the only forum I post on regularly. The mods do a superb job of keeping things running smoothly and civilly. Given the vast amount of opinions and personalities that's no easy task. Thank you mods for all your hard work.

Greetings From Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

VIP Member
    Well said, Chorizo. Well done, Mods. Lots to keep track of in this forum...thanks for helping to keep it informative, clean, fun, and real.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I haven't been around the forum near as long as some but the job done by the mod's is the main reason I've never thought of leaving. It' a wonderfully worked site. Thank you.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Much respect.

Playa.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    ...then respectfully have notified me and explained why they did what they did...
    +1 to that.
    I won't participate in a forum where threads are hacked apart and posts deleted without informing the members what they might have done wrong. Respect is key, especially when all you have to go by is the written word, which may be misinterpreted.
    DC handles things very well.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Theres other forums besides DC? lol just kidding.This has always been a first rate forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links