"heartbleed" - virus

"heartbleed" - virus

This is a discussion on "heartbleed" - virus within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I just heard about this "heartbleed" thing that is supposedly a big deal. and affects sites like this one where you have to "log in". ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: "heartbleed" - virus

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar

"heartbleed" - virus

I just heard about this "heartbleed" thing that is supposedly a big deal. and affects sites like this one where you have to "log in". (I already logged in today, and yesterday and..) so I figure I just ask the mods here if ya'll have done the "fix" for this yet?
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Last I heard it has been around for two years already but just now making mainstream news.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Last I heard it has been around for two years already but just now making mainstream news.
    why doesn't that shock me...?
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Distinguished Member
    I only heard about it on this forum.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

It's legit but has no effect on this site as it doesn't use ssl (i.e. https://)

Heartbleed Bug Poses Serious Threat to Unpatched Servers | Symantec Connect Community

There is another thread on this from yesterday as well.
    ... evil will always triumph because good is dumb! - Dark Helmet

I just got something from McAfee today about it. They said it wasn't on them, so contact the the one's with the servers.

Basccily all this is is some sites SSE encryption was comprsioded ( that little locked padlock on the bar was not in fact locked it turned out )

Look here to see if you need to changed you passwords .. The Heartbleed Hit List: The Passwords You Need to Change Right Now

I am peved as I have to changed a few now ..
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links