New Iphone and verizon tablet

This is a discussion on New Iphone and verizon tablet within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I have a tablet and Ipone 5s and was wondering if i need anything to download to get the Defensive Carry Forum on my phone ...

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By sensei2
  • 1 Post By bandrich
  • 3 Post By QKShooter
  • 2 Post By welder516
  • 2 Post By sensei2
  • 1 Post By wmhawth
  • 1 Post By LeMat44
  • 1 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By ParrotheadDad5
  • 1 Post By Rugeroo357
  • 1 Post By Thumper

Thread: New Iphone and verizon tablet

VIP Member

New Iphone and verizon tablet

I have a tablet and Ipone 5s and was wondering if i need anything to download to get the Defensive Carry Forum on my phone and tablet ????

I am not tech savy and learning at a very slow pace .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

I also have a 5S. If I remember correctly, all I did was open Safari, Apple's web browser, and type in "defensivecarry.com".

Since I got it, I now use the 5S for virtually all my web surfing.

It's much easier to hit the wrong key or icon and do something I didn't intend to do, but it's so handy and quick, that I rarely bother using my computer to go on-line anymore.
    welder516 likes this.

I use my iPad mini. Similar to your tablet I would think. It is very easy to use for this site. My iPhone is a bit small for me. IMHO.
    welder516 likes this.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Administrator
    I have no trouble getting the forum on my phone but, performing any forum functions using my phone just drives me bonkers. Maybe it's just me...I dunno.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    I think i'll set up on the tablet , bigger typing field keyboard
    QKShooter and Jeanlouise like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I have no trouble getting the forum on my phone but, performing any forum functions using my phone just drives me bonkers. Maybe it's just me...I dunno.
    Two things I do to ease the difficulties of using a phone to navigate this site:

1. I turn the phone sideways (horizontally). This makes the print a bit larger, and spreads the keys further apart.

2. If I need to touch a tiny icon, I enlarge the screen by touching it with my thumb and index finger close together, then quickly spreading them apart while keeping them in contact with the screen. Then I move the enlarged image until the section I need is in view. "Liking" a post, or advancing through the pages of a post takes a fair amount of enlarging.

It's still harder than using even a Netbook-size computer. But I can't use my Netbook while lying on my back on my bed!
    QKShooter and welder516 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I have a tablet and Ipone 5s and was wondering if i need anything to download to get the Defensive Carry Forum on my phone and tablet ????

I am not tech savy and learning at a very slow pace .
    No. Just use your browser to get to the DC website and bookmark it.
    welder516 likes this.

I've found that downloading the Outdoor Forums app from the Google play store (it's free) makes forums much easier to navigate then trying to use a browser. All of that zooming in and out, scrolling up, down, left and right gets real old real quick.

Not sure if the app is free from apple for your iphone though.
    welder516 likes this.

I use my tablet at home sometimes to look at DC. If the only thing I have available is my phone then I am out doing something more productive than browsing any internet forum......I leave that for the younger generation
    welder516 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

New Member Array ParrotheadDad5's Avatar
    I use the Tapatalk app for my iPhone and iPad and love it. It funnels all of my forums into one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    welder516 likes this.

I should have come with Safari which is basically internet. Just go to safari and type in defensive carry forum and it will lead you to us.
    welder516 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeMat44 View Post
    I've found that downloading the Outdoor Forums app from the Google play store (it's free) makes forums much easier to navigate then trying to use a browser. All of that zooming in and out, scrolling up, down, left and right gets real old real quick.

Not sure if the app is free from apple for your iphone though.
    I put the "outdoor forum" on my iPhone 5s. It's free and works great. I have 2 forums on it and will be adding a third.
    Carpe Diem for Winter Is Coming

VIP Member
    I also use Tapatalk on my iPhone and really like it. Easy to subscribe and unsubscribe to threads, upload photos etc. Give it a try!
    ParrotheadDad5 likes this.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links