Trouble typing messages with this forum

This is a discussion on Trouble typing messages with this forum within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I seem to be having trouble typing messages in this form. (I just posted a reply at http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ml#post3284354 ). I have noticed this problem with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Trouble typing messages with this forum

I seem to be having trouble typing messages in this form. (I just posted a reply at Shield 9mm mag issue ).

I have noticed this problem with this forum for quite some time.

This is not happening with any other forum or any other program on my computer.I remember having this same problem when using my laptop when traveling (when posting in this forum).

Just a heads up.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

PS: I had to type this in MS Word and then paste it into this forum it is so bad.

PS: I am having a terrible typing this in. Is there something wrong with the program with this forum? None of the other forums are giving me this trouble.
    Your quoted post on that other thread, and this post in this thread, have both appeared just fine.

So, what is the trouble you're having? You haven't specified. Messages are appearing. They're readable. You can reply to existing threads and create new ones. Seems fine, unless you've got more information about what the problem is that you're having.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Are you on a mobile device?
    I have never had a problem with my lap top. The phone is another issue.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

The only problem I've ever had with any Vb board was when IE upgraded to 10 or 11. For some reason typing didn't do very well in those boards' quick reply field, but was just fine if I went into advanced. I switched back to IE9 and all is well again. If I recall I could type and the letters would not appear or the cursor wouldn't move or something.
    So yes, with no description of your problem we are shooting from the hip here.

When I have trouble it always says I need at least 3 more characters. I can type 30 more sentences and still get the same problem. I just leave the forum and continue to be a reader

VIP Member
    My keyboard tends to misspell words, leave out spaces, insert the letter that was adjacent to the one I meant to type, sigh, stupid computer.

PS, I am not saying you have the same problem, my issues are mine alone, except for everyone else facing the same issues.
    StormRhydr and tcox4freedom like this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

When you respond to a previous post using "reply with quote:"

You must make certain to type your response beyond the last [/QUOTE] statement in the post window.

Failing to do that, the software thinks you haven't said anything... you are just reposting the comment as a quote.

Requiring three characters eliminates posts that just say "+1" as agreement with the previous post.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Joe View Post
    I seem to be having trouble typing messages in this form. (I just posted a reply at Shield 9mm mag issue ).

I have noticed this problem with this forum for quite some time.

This is not happening with any other forum or any other program on my computer.I remember having this same problem when using my laptop when traveling (when posting in this forum).

Just a heads up.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

PS: I had to type this in MS Word and then paste it into this forum it is so bad.
    Don't be looking for answers here at Caveman Central cuz I have no idea what MS Word is nor do I care. Cut and paste? I got scissors and some 99 cent glue.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I do know how to put up a link tho. That was quite the milestone for me.
    welder516 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    My keyboard cusses a lot.
    tcox4freedom and manolito like this.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    My keyboard tends to misspell words, leave out spaces, insert the letter that was adjacent to the one I meant to type, sigh, stupid computer.

PS, I am not saying you have the same problem, my issues are mine alone, except for everyone else facing the same issues.

That pretty much describes my problem. I think I have Internet Explorer 11 but I have noticed no problems on any other forums.

The entire forum has acted strange for some time. It seems to be very difficult to navigate around (slow to respond, etc) as well as being very difficult to type anything in the new topic or respond boxes.

Maybe the forum managers could look into this. I have always really enjoyed this forum but find it difficult to participate.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

Trooper:

Perhaps you could try the following ...
    • Logout of the forum.
    • Delete the cookies for DefensiveCarry.com from your computer.
    • Login again, which will re-create the cookies.

That sequence can often clear up strange little behaviors that pop up, if it seems to be this forum but not another. Keep in mind that thousands participate on this forum without tons of browser related issues. But many of us have had issues where a zap of the cookies and reconnect cured it. Something to try, at least.
    tcox4freedom and Jeanlouise like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I quit using Internet Explorer because it would not show any threads when I would log in. Switched to Mozilla Firefox and problem solved. I don't think its the forum, but rather the browser you are using.

.....lose Internet Explorer. Junk today.
    "Said I never had any use for one.....never said I didn't know how to use it. " Matthew Quiqley

The thing with IE that I've noticed is it requires... or expects (I guess)... the forums/Internet sites to update as well. That is why I said above that IE9 seems to work fine with the Vb forums I frequent, whereas 10/11 did not. A forum is like anything else, it just can't sit there without updating or as everything around it upgrades it will not function as well. It will go the way of that printer you bought six years ago, lol.

OK, I tried deleting cookies and logged back on. Seems to work a little better now (at least for this message).

Thanks guys for the help.

Trooper Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links