Asking for bids from forum sponsors

This is a discussion on Asking for bids from forum sponsors within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; A question for the admins of DC, is there any way to ask forum sponsors en mass for bids if they provided a needed product? ...

Thread: Asking for bids from forum sponsors

A question for the admins of DC, is there any way to ask forum sponsors en mass for bids if they provided a needed product?

An example, I'm in the process of getting bids for a purchase of about 60+ Fox Lab items. Instead of sending each vendor a message asking first, do they carry the item and second, what could they do with pricing and delivery it'd be nice to have a forum to ask for quotes from all interested vendors.

Just trying to find another way to support DC and their vendors.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    I expect you could PM the vendors by cc'ing several in a private message. This is probably not something any vendor would want publicized on the public forum.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I expect you could PM the vendors by cc'ing several in a private message. This is probably not something any vendor would want publicized on the public forum.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Trying to PM every vendor and then see if they (1) handle that line and (2) see if their interested in quoting would take forever.

Ideally there could be a sub forum where members could post a "Want to buy in quantity" for vendors and then if they were serious about wanting business here they could reply in PM. They wouldn't have to respond in the open so bids would be private.

Distinguished Member
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    PM sent
    answered

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NC Bullseye View Post
    That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. Trying to PM every vendor and then see if they (1) handle that line and (2) see if their interested in quoting would take forever.

Ideally there could be a sub forum where members could post a "Want to buy in quantity" for vendors and then if they were serious about wanting business here they could reply in PM. They wouldn't have to respond in the open so bids would be private.
    Why do you have to send multiple PMs? Our system allows for multiple addresses. Just build your specifications and put it out to all to bid on. One message goes to everyone you wish to include. Those who are interested will respond, those who aren't interested, won't. That's the way I solicited bids on items for years, when I had a select group of vendors I wanted to target.

I know in public/govt transactions one posts those bid solicitations in a public forum (usually in the newspaper) and sits back to see who will respond, but most holster makers don't have the time, or inclination, to browse the web every day to see if anyone wants a bid. I think you have to target those your are interested in.

JMO, YMMV
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links