Political Threads

This is a discussion on Political Threads within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by SelfDefense How about, Obama, with his anti-American, European, elitist leanings has spoken both positively and negatively concerning Second Amendment issues, most recently ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Political Threads

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    How about,

Obama, with his anti-American, European, elitist leanings has spoken both positively and negatively concerning Second Amendment issues, most recently endorsing the Supreme Court's decision while supporting gun control in his home state. We hope to have the liberally biased media pose specific questions concerning his ambiguous stance but we don't see any such action in the near future since they are fawning over him during his recent world presidential coronation tour.

Is that OK?
    Since it is specific to the topics of this forum (the second amendment), yes that would fly. The problem comes into play when someone goes off on a rant about the liberal media with no focus on our topics or about the candidate's stand on other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Bumper, I realize that you will probably never change your policy, and I do my best to stay within the parameters you have set forth with YOUR forum, but...I also respect the membership of this forum more than any other forum I have had the opportunity to participate in.
    And, I really do appreciate the respect that members show each other, including the interest in test their political thoughts and ideas against other members. My concern is that we would not be able to separate a political argument from spilling over into other areas of the forum. Politics (and religion) very much encourage the "us and them" attitude and once started, it is very difficult to stop.

The upcoming election, is perhaps one of the most important elections since Lincoln was elected, and it will bring about a 'change' in the way our rights are protected and in the way our rights are exercised.

I do wish there was a way to compromise so that the members whose judgment I value would have a way to express their feelings and thoughts so that we could all make a more informed choice.
    I absolutely agree that this is the most important election of our time. The threats to our gun rights, along with all of our other rights are very much, IMO, real. Outside of our mutual interest in guns, the Second Amendment, concealed carry and probably a few other areas, we are a diverse group that have very different beliefs. And, that's what makes the world go around. There are certain things I don't want to know about our members. Things that might make me forget my attempts to keep my biases out of the forum. The one most of you are aware of is that I don't want to know about your hatred for police officers. I also would not wish to know some of your stands on abortion or religion. I don't want to know that, at some point, you hit a woman or roughed up an unruly child. I don't want to know that you drown puppies, eat boogers, or prefer deviant sexual acts. I don't want to know that you, after getting screwed by an employer, stole something to get even. I don't want to know that you hate this country, dodged the draft or don't support our troops. I also don't want to know that you would vote for someone that would summarily take away my Second Amendment rights or raise my taxes. Knowing any of these things would likely change my attitude about individual members of the forum. It would also, undoubtedly, create change the attitudes of many members of the forum. And once
    that happens, divisiveness begins.

With all of that said, I will refrain from starting or posting in purely political threads, as per your wishes, but I do wish there was a way where the members of this forum were able to exchange all ideas and learn from each other.
    We are, however, guests in Bumper's house and I will defer to any and every decision he makes.
    I most certainly appreciate it. I really do.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

Ron
    If political discussions coud be assured to remain civil and non confrontational, I suspect that Bumper might be more willing to permit them on the Forum(I may be wrong and am happy to stand corrected), but, as has been stated, discussion of politics and religion will almost always stir strong and, at times, hurt feelings, and thus go down hill pretty fast.

Therefore, I agree with and respect his zero tolerance rule. And, even if I didn't, his house, his rules.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I've seen on other sites the political and religious bashing...it gets ugly very quickly...with some of the most respected posters. The real issue is this is the internet with all its warts. As such, many many things are taken out of context, not clearly or elequently explained.

...and I really don't think anybody's mind is going to be changed on who they are voting for based on rehashings.

Watch the news/read the synopsis'...I think it is a good policy and sincerely respect the leadership in making such a policy.

Rick

Long overdue!

i understand 100% with not discussing politics.

other gun forums allow it and it does get a bit heated even though most members have similar views as one another

This election coming up weighs heavily on the 2nd amendment and what we hold near and dear to us. the outcome in November can potentially be bad for us on a legislative and judicial front. I will respect B's wishes and only discuss you-know-who if it pertains to the 2a.
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

DC Founder
    And, please, don't anyone think I am voting for "you know who". I'm not.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    And, please, don't anyone think I am voting for "you know who". I'm not.
    you and me both B....
    Let's Roll - Todd Beamer

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

DC Founder
    The message seems to be getting lost and we are getting more political threads every day. I don't like what's happening to this country any more than any of you, but please take it to another forum. Political threads will be removed without notice. Don't post them unless they are directly related to firearms.

For those that don't know, we have a political forum available for these kinds of threads, The Conservative Stronghold
    Spirit51 likes this.
    Bumper

DC Founder
    Again, we seem to be slipping on politics. I am going to be going through recent threads that are political, and have nothing to do with our focus, and remove them. We will also be issuing infractions for those that continue to post political posts and those that take an otherwise good thread into the political realm. There will be no notifications on posts or threads removed for political discussions.

Again, I don't like the direction this country is headed any more than any of you, this is just not the place for it....
    Bumper

JD
    Administrator
    The message seems to be getting lost and we are getting more political threads every day. I don't like what's happening to this country any more than any of you, but please take it to another forum. Political threads will be removed without notice. Don't post them unless they are directly related to firearms.

For those that don't know, we have a political forum available for these kinds of threads, The Conservative Stronghold
    Again, we seem to be slipping on politics. I am going to be going through recent threads that are political, and have nothing to do with our focus, and remove them. We will also be issuing infractions for those that continue to post political posts and those that take an otherwise good thread into the political realm. There will be no notifications on posts or threads removed for political discussions.

Again, I don't like the direction this country is headed any more than any of you, this is just not the place for it....

As we get closer to the upcoming elections, it's going to be getting nasty again.

Just a reminder on our policy regarding politics.

We will also be issuing infractions for those that continue to post political posts and those that take an otherwise good thread into the political realm. There will be no notifications on posts or threads removed for political discussions.
    Hmmm, Sounds good to me....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I would think that politics has everything to do with firearms ownership. Since it will be politics that decide wheather or not we can buy,own, use,carry, build,repair,or anything else you can think of that involves firearms or ammunition. It will be politics that decide if sites like this one are in the publics best interest. How the H can you seperate politics and guns. Thats like telling us that we can talk about the fish but not the water they live in.

I am afraid I have let myself be led down the emotional political path in here....at times....I have tried to resist. From this point on, if I am baited...I will take a deep breath....slowly let it out....and "punch" a wall to purge the stress. Seriously...I will take this to heart.
    Rock and Glock and archer51 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    I would think that politics has everything to do with firearms ownership. Since it will be politics that decide wheather or not we can buy,own, use,carry, build,repair,or anything else you can think of that involves firearms or ammunition. It will be politics that decide if sites like this one are in the publics best interest. How the H can you seperate politics and guns. Thats like telling us that we can talk about the fish but not the water they live in.
    I'm kind of on this boat with all due respect. I mean guns and the government are hand and hand. And by the religion statement, am I wrong in assuming I can't brag about what my God has done for me and the blessings I have in my life without a warning? I don't understand this. Please clarify? Doesnt the 2a pretty much say we have the right to bare arms to defend against a tyrannical government??

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Bumper it is your Forum ,,,, run it the way you like,,,,, in my opinion it does not help our cause
    for 2nd amendment freedoms to keep the members ignorant about many items in this coming election
    ,,,, I understand the difficulties with keeping everything civil ,,,, heck it is a HARD JOB sometimes just keeping
    everything WORKING,,,,, besides there are other boards to vent our frustrations concerning the current
    WHITE HOUSE CREW. Thanks for your forum & efforts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links