Political Threads

This is a discussion on Political Threads within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Our rules have always excluded the discussion of politics and, although many of you don't agree with this, it is the direction we have decided ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Political Threads

  1. #1
    DC Founder
    Array Bumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    20,045

    Political Threads

    Our rules have always excluded the discussion of politics and, although many of you don't agree with this, it is the direction we have decided to take for the good of the forum. We simply do not want to deal with the arguments and thread deterioration (and the divisiveness) that this topic leads to.

    With the Presidential elections coming up us soon, it is the duty, I believe, for every American to know the issues, know where the candidates stand on these issues and vote. This is, in my opinion, one of the most important elections in recent history and our Second Amendment is at real risk should the wrong person get in the White House, not to mention other impacts upon our lives. It is your responsibility to decide where and how to research these issues, but it should not be here.

    With that said, any political threads not directly tied to concealed carry or the Second Amendment will be removed from the forum without notification. Any individual posts in an otherwise acceptable thread that tries to turn the topic into a political debate (or statement) will be removed along with any following posts that quote or otherwise reference it. We are very serious about enforcing this rule and no "wiggle room" will be allowed.

    I would encourage each of you to find a political forum to post this type of material. This is just not the place....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member Array matiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    N.W.
    Posts
    2,917
    I, for one, greatly appreciate this policy. Thanks Bumper! It keeps the board reasonably even keeled, kid safe, etc.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

  4. #3
    Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    1,263
    That's great! Now having said that, I'd like to make a few points about Obama and McCain...

    KIDDING!

    I really do think that's a great policy. I agree it's an important topic but I don't come to DC to get into political discussions. I'm visit the site to get away from them and share in topics of self defense and carrying concealed.

    Just wondering if I get any brownie points for this Bumper? I got a language warning a while back I need expunged from my record. :)
    Last edited by tinkerinWstuff; July 23rd, 2008 at 04:43 PM. Reason: to correct my "p's" and "b's"
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

    Who is John Galt?

  5. #4
    BAC
    BAC is offline
    VIP Member Array BAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    2,292
    I'm cool with it. Keep on keepin' on.


    -B

  6. #5
    VIP Member Array rodc13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    2,753
    This forum has been working extremely well under Bumper's rules, and there's no reason to do otherwise.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

  7. #6
    DC Founder
    Array Bumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    20,045
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    Just wondering if I get any brownie points for this Bumber? I got a language warning a while back I need expunged from my record. :)
    You might have if you would not have messed my name up....
    sid1 likes this.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

  8. #7
    JD
    JD is offline
    Administrator
    Array JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    19,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    You might have if you would not have messed my name up....
    At least he didn't call you Bummer.

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    1,263
    I KNEW I shouldn't have taken the stand in my own defense!
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

    Who is John Galt?

  10. #9
    Senior Member Array Duisburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Duisburg, Germany
    Posts
    754
    so things like this (see below) are just fine?


    1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

    2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

    3. Colt: The original point and click interface.

    4. Gun control is not about guns; it's about control.

    5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

    6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.

    7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

    8. If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.

    9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.

    10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.

    11. What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

    12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.

    13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

    14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.

    15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

    16. You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

    17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.

    18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.

    19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.

    20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.

    21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.

    22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.

    23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don't make more.

    24. When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.

    25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
    I am sworn to protect the Constitution of the U.S.A. from all threats both foreign and domestic.

  11. #10
    DC Founder
    Array Bumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    20,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Duisburg View Post
    so things like this (see below) are just fine?
    Those are not political as I define it.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    usa-southeast texas
    Posts
    1,707
    I appreciate your stand on this,Bumper.Politics and religion most often lead to arguments.

  13. #12
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    Those are not political as I define it.....
    How about,

    Obama, with his anti-American, European, elitist leanings has spoken both positively and negatively concerning Second Amendment issues, most recently endorsing the Supreme Court's decision while supporting gun control in his home state. We hope to have the liberally biased media pose specific questions concerning his ambiguous stance but we don't see any such action in the near future since they are fawning over him during his recent world presidential coronation tour.

    Is that OK?

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array Kerbouchard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,894
    Bumper, I realize that you will probably never change your policy, and I do my best to stay within the parameters you have set forth with YOUR forum, but...I also respect the membership of this forum more than any other forum I have had the opportunity to participate in.

    I think I know where my political leanings lie, but reading the thoughts of the forum members here help to either solidify and refine my thinking on the issues.

    I understand why you choose to not let this forum become entrenched with political debate, BUT we all learn a lot from each other.

    It would be great if there was a political oriented forum with the same members and the same rules as we have here, but unfortunately, there is not.

    The upcoming election, is perhaps one of the most important elections since Lincoln was elected, and it will bring about a 'change' in the way our rights are protected and in the way our rights are exercised.

    I do wish there was a way to compromise so that the members whose judgment I value would have a way to express their feelings and thoughts so that we could all make a more informed choice.

    I realize that, as the Forum Owner, you are entitled, and in fact deserve, discretionary rulings on what is allowed and what is not allowed...Anybody who looks at my past postings will infer that I am an absolute believer in property rights and that nothing should trump that. Unfortunately, I find myself as a hypocrite in this particular subject.

    Bumper, you have accumulated a large, diverse, respectful, and intelligent group of members, and I often find myself wondering what this specific group thinks about certain political issues. With the moderation you guys(admin and moderators and members self-policing themselves) have provided and have instilled as necessary parts of this forum, I think the forum membership could benefit from political discussions that would help refine peoples ideas, and perhaps, change others.

    With all of that said, I will refrain from starting or posting in purely political threads, as per your wishes, but I do wish there was a way where the members of this forum were able to exchange all ideas and learn from each other.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

    http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

    Who is John Galt?

  15. #14
    Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    Bumper, I realize that you will probably never change your policy, and I do my best to stay within the parameters you have set forth with YOUR forum, but...I also respect the membership of this forum more than any other forum I have had the opportunity to participate in.

    I think I know where my political leanings lie, but reading the thoughts of the forum members here help to either solidify and refine my thinking on the issues.

    I understand why you choose to not let this forum become entrenched with political debate, BUT we all learn a lot from each other.

    It would be great if there was a political oriented forum with the same members and the same rules as we have here, but unfortunately, there is not.

    The upcoming election, is perhaps one of the most important elections since Lincoln was elected, and it will bring about a 'change' in the way our rights are protected and in the way our rights are exercised.

    I do wish there was a way to compromise so that the members whose judgment I value would have a way to express their feelings and thoughts so that we could all make a more informed choice.

    I realize that, as the Forum Owner, you are entitled, and in fact deserve, discretionary rulings on what is allowed and what is not allowed...Anybody who looks at my past postings will infer that I am an absolute believer in property rights and that nothing should trump that. Unfortunately, I find myself as a hypocrite in this particular subject.

    Bumper, you have accumulated a large, diverse, respectful, and intelligent group of members, and I often find myself wondering what this specific group thinks about certain political issues. With the moderation you guys(admin and moderators and members self-policing themselves) have provided and have instilled as necessary parts of this forum, I think the forum membership could benefit from political discussions that would help refine peoples ideas, and perhaps, change others.

    With all of that said, I will refrain from starting or posting in purely political threads, as per your wishes, but I do wish there was a way where the members of this forum were able to exchange all ideas and learn from each other.
    +1

    I think Kerbouchard has eloquently stated what many of us feel. This is a gun related forum and certainly Bumper has every right to prohibit any conversations he does not deem appropriate for whatever reason. I, like every other member, appreciate the hard work that has created this exceptional corner of the internet.

    I think political discussions, as long as they do not stray into cheerleading (or attacking) specific candidates, are not offensive and could certainly be a positive sharing of ideas.

    We are, however, guests in Bumper's house and I will defer to any and every decision he makes.

  16. #15
    1943 - 2009
    Array Captain Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    10,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    With all of that said, I will refrain from starting or posting in purely political threads, as per your wishes, but I do wish there was a way where the members of this forum were able to exchange all ideas and learn from each other.


    There is a way.

    It's called Private Messaging.


    When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

    Rudyard Kipling


    Terry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. What is it with all the LEO threads?
    By farronwolf in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: September 15th, 2010, 01:56 PM