2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rocky 
#1 ·

1. Log off of the forum (don't just close it, formally log off);

2. Delete your browser cache;

3. Delete all of your cookies;

4. Close your browser;

5. Open your browser;

6. Log into the forum;

7. Try the action that you were attempting when you received the security token problem again (voting in a poll).

I have found that FireFox returns this problem much less than Internet Explorer does. Do what you feel best in that observation, but if it were me I would get FireFox and dump IE.

If this does not work, post to this thread so I will have some idea how widespread this problem is. I would also appreciate knowing if this fixed the problem so post that here as well.

Also, please post any problems you may have in this forum rather than emailing me. I get 2-300 emails every day, mostly spam, and you will get a much faster response by posting here rather than emailing me through the "Contact Us" link.

And, for the person that chose to cuss me out for not devoting 100% of my time to catering to your every need, I decided to just to revoke your membership, rather than work with you to resolve your problem....

See less See more
#2 ·
Security Token

I wasn't trying to vote in a poll, I was trying to post a pic. I'm not using either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I'm using SAFARI for my Mac. Any differences in the procedure, now?

#3 ·
I wasn't trying to vote in a poll, I was trying to post a pic. I'm not using either Firefox or Internet Explorer. I'm using SAFARI for my Mac. Any differences in the procedure, now?
The original thread was written because people were encountering the problem when trying to vote in polls but the procedure remains the same. As far as Safari on the Mac, I have no idea but would at least try FireFox for the Mac if getting the problem cleared up is worth it to you.....

#4 ·
FYI, I experienced this same "token issue" once while trying to post pics. A retry without closing or clearing cookies worked . I am using Google Chrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.