Some things need to be addressed... - Page 2

Some things need to be addressed...

This is a discussion on Some things need to be addressed... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by Lewis128 Is there somewhere I can look to see if I've picked up points? You would know if you had any. When ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Some things need to be addressed...

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    Is there somewhere I can look to see if I've picked up points?
    You would know if you had any. When a formal warning or infraction is issued it generates a PM and the warning/infraction history can be viewed in your profile by yourself and the staff.

Hats off to the Mods and Admins. I didn't even know such a warning was needed.

I guess you guys clean up the junk before we ever get to see it.
    hienykins likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis128 View Post
    Is there somewhere I can look to see if I've picked up points?
    They will show up on your public profile, and you would have been notified. BTW: I just checked, you are clean.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

You haven't lived unless you've gotten a few stripes!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    It's sad that you have to keep posting this stuff, but thanks for doing it. I think that the vast majority of us try our best to be good citizens of DC.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    It's sad that you have to keep posting this stuff, but thanks for doing it. I think that the vast majority of us try our best to be good citizens of DC.
    It really is. We are still removing and issuing infractions for a large number of political posts and language (and language workaround) violations. While many of these are new members that did not read the rules, some of them continue to be members that have been here for some time and know the rules. The majority of our members, though, do make an effort to follow the rules and we appreciate it....
    garyacman and hienykins like this.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Let me be right up front by saying sorry....... LOL! I do sometimes use a work-a-round..........
    But thank you for all your (everyone) work on the forum....... it really is a great place to come to, and I spend a lot of time here!! ;)

I think most everyone can have a civil discussion.... I think the problems come from those who only have ONE view of things....... thiers!
    Oh well I guess......what would the second amend be without the first.........
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Quote Originally Posted by ibesarcasm View Post
    ...what would the second amend be without the first.........
    First!
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

EW3
    Thank you, JD.

It seems like here and on the other forum I'm a member of, there has been a bit of an uptick in new people joining up for no other reason than to "stir the pot".
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Quote Originally Posted by EW3 View Post
    Thank you, JD.

It seems like here and on the other forum I'm a member of, there has been a bit of an uptick in new people joining up for no other reason than to "stir the pot".
    I think you can attribute a large amount of the pot stirring to the passionate nature of the firearms debate. Most people willing to get in on the discussion are either vehemently for or against the principles of the Second Amendment (or at the very least strongly disagree over what the Second Amendment actually says). There aren't a lot of people who take the time to get in on the "debate" that are moderate on the subject.

When people get passionate they can, at times, get irrational or forget themselves. I honestly don't think the vast majority of people here intend on launching into a full-on tirade about religion or the government or whatnot... they just get all fired up and fail to quit while they're ahead.

It happens. What is necessary is an administration with their head screwed on straight, like we have here, that knows when enough is enough. I appreciate the dedication, mod-type folks.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

Thanks for the post! I noticed last week that there were a few political posts and was happy to see them removed. One of the biggest reasons I come to this site rather then other s is the limited discussions. Every one has their own views and beliefs but I would rather get advise from the members here instead of bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInNY View Post
    First!
    Dang! Got gotten again!! LOL

And you are right......though you need the second to enforce the rest.......
    come to think of it, kinda need them ALL, they seem to work with each other......funny how that works out! ;)
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

First and foremost; I belong to several forums, not just firearms related but others relating to many of "our kind of folks" point of view. I notice that all of them without exception are having these same problems. My opinion is that there are many internet trolls and agitators joining these forums innocuously, reading then posting for a while then they begin their controversial/offensive posting. I honestly believe these are probably some of the same people doing the same thing, agitating and causing hatred and dismay on these forums. It would be nice to see if Administrators of other forums could coordinate their efforts by sharing information regarding the IP addresses where many of these people are sourcing from.

I just got back from a conference addressing these coordination issues as they apply to my job (power industry), where I am a supervisor/lead administrator over several power plant control systems. Due to new critical infrastructure protection laws, we now have to coordinate our detection of potential hackers and their IP addresses with the Feds (Homeland Security). Perhaps the same kind of coordination could be done between DC and other firearms related boards? Just a thought.

Oh yeah, and don't say PDO three times......we don't want that monster coming back.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    It would be nice to see if Administrators of other forums could coordinate their efforts by sharing information regarding the IP addresses where many of these people are sourcing from.
    We do that.
    Gun-Related Forum Administrator's Forum
    This forum is private and restricted to administrators of established, gun-related forums. If you are a forum owner/administrator and would like access, please send a PM to Bumper along with the name of your forum and your member name on your forum. Eligibility will be verified and a PM will be sent to you on *your* forum with access information. Your site must be an established forum within the Internet gun-related community. You are allowed two memberships per forum.

On top of that we talk to other forums a on a regular basis even if they are not part of the above mentioned sub forum.

Our genre isn't that large, and in most cases you'll find staff members of a forum as members of other forums. It IS a small world after all.

It would be fun to be a fly on the wall at that forum to see who moderates the moderators......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links