Some things need to be addressed...

This is a discussion on Some things need to be addressed... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; Originally Posted by edr9x23super It would be fun to be a fly on the wall at that forum to see who moderates the moderators...... Basically, ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Some things need to be addressed...

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by edr9x23super View Post
    It would be fun to be a fly on the wall at that forum to see who moderates the moderators......
    Basically, I officially moderate it, since it is hosted on this site, but we pretty much let the administrators and moderators of that forum post unmoderated. At least we have never had an issue where any posts there need moderating.

That being said, it is not the most active forum we have. Usually when someone has a big problem with someone on their site they come here and post information that can help us all rid ourselves of these people. As JD alluded to, much of our information comes in outside of that forum. Sharing information helps us all control the trolls....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

2. Remove Ads

JD, et al --

I don't post much, but I do read LOTS -- and I appreciate the work you guys do. Being the moderator of an e-mail group, I know that it's a thankless task -- but believe me, some of us truly appreciate your service. What a blessing to not worry about one of the kids reading something unfortunate over my shoulder!

So thanks for bearing with all the frustrating stuff on our behalf. You guys are the reason this forum is the excellent resource that it has become!!

RevDoug

10-4 on the trolls; Facebook is starting to get infiltrated by trolls, especially on the public personality pages like Glenn Beck, etc. Whoever runs that outfit needs to get a handle on that stuff in a hurry, I see bad times ahead for them if they don't....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I touch base here and there on other forums. The stupid fights, threats, and egos that abound always help to put into perspective how good it is over here...keep up the good work.
    Last edited by WJP9; November 19th, 2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: spelling
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I had one heck of a time finding this forum after KSCCW.com went down. Steve48

Quote Originally Posted by Steve48 View Post
    I had one heck of a time finding this forum after KSCCW.com went down. Steve48
    Cheer up, KSCCW may be back up soon.

Why they have been down may be related to a picture that was posted by one person, innocently. But it was linked back to someplace in Russia and a shortly, every thread had a post from a Russian spammer.
    That may have also embedded a Trojan hook that has been keeping the host server switch oner from working.

So, be careful what you post and on what you click.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

This is my favorite forum on the web.

Thanks for staying on top of things!

Any way I can help...let me know.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    This is my favorite forum on the web.

Thanks for staying on top of things!

Any way I can help...let me know.
    Simple, re read item #1 and don't do crap like this: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...appointed.html

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Simple, re read item #1 and don't do crap like this: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...appointed.html
    Sir, yes sir.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by something View Post
    Sir, yes sir.
    It hurts for a while, might even make you mad, I have been zinged before, crossed my mind not to come back, but a little time and all is healed over.

Some of the forbidden words are hard to understand, why some are ok, and other not, but it is a good forum, so just do what a CCW person would and suck it up, and move on. Being a moderator has to suck, I wouldn't want the job.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

DC Founder
    You can take the link above to the closed thread and figure out what the word was that was used. I believe most people would agree it was a word that few would consider to be within our rules. It was not "hell" or "damn"....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Who cares what word was used. Don't use cuss words. Period. End of discussion.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDuba View Post
    Who cares what word was used. Don't use cuss words. Period. End of discussion.
    Sir, yes sir.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    You know, I don't know how I can make this any more clear for everyone, apparently some people still don't get it. so I'll try one more time just for good measure.

It doesn't matter how long you've been a member here, it doesn't matter what your post count is, it doesn't matter if you've contributed $$$ to the forum...

If you act like an ass, you're on your way out of here PDQ!

I've got young kids, so I have had to get very creative about expressing myself in sesame street terms around the house when I stump my toe. With work e-mails scanned for words, I've been in a habit for years of symboling out parts of certain words (old habit, not intentionally breaking the work around rule). I consider taking The Lord's name in vain and the f bomb to be most offensive. I'm also operating under the impression that curse words (and workarounds) that sound similar to bass, shell, ham, and spit are among those that should not be used or worked around. I want to know and follow the rules explicitly. I appreciate the forum, the people, the information, and the advice. I want to learn and contribute. Thanks.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links