Some things need to be addressed... - Page 6

Some things need to be addressed...

This is a discussion on Some things need to be addressed... within the Forum News, Feedback, Problems & Comments forums, part of the DefensiveCarry.com Forum Office category; I guess pdo was before my time and my Google fu yields nothing... What was pdo?...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Some things need to be addressed...

I guess pdo was before my time and my Google fu yields nothing... What was pdo?

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    I guess pdo was before my time and my Google fu yields nothing... What was pdo?
    Okay, so I'm not the only one scratching my head...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    PDO was Packing.org, think of it as a mix of handgunlaw.us and a good forum. For a time it was a really great resource. The ownership slacked off and it all went to crap.

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Some blog discussion on the old PDO for those who are interested:

What happened to "packing.org"

Distinguished Member
    I wouldn't want your job. Thanks for letting us hang out.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    A good reminder, thanks JD.

Sometimes it can be hard not to bicker/argue, but people need to remember this is a place to learn, and really a showcase where the public can see responsible law-abiding citizens of all walks of life intelligently exchange ideas about personal protection.

I don't really care how cool everyone else on the internet thinks I am, but I hope that I have helped some people learn somewhere along the way.

It's Bumper's house, and he lets us play by big boy/girl rules here.
    Ditto here!
    JD and Kasey88 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    JD, Administrator,

I am Hoganbeg's wife. I have posted a few things on Hoganbeg's account. I always introduce myself as Hoganbeg's Dutiful Wife. I have become so fond of your website and the people on it that I would like to have my own identity as I do in the physical world. I understand that you do not want people having multiple user registrations so that they can flood the site with their opinions, but H. and I have only one computer with one email address.

I am an individual, I am female and I carry concealed. I am 72 and have a lot of life experience. I have had several different types of classes from outdoor long guns, proper pistol handling and shooting, how to respond if the house is broken into and how to behave in the presence of a policeman. I have had 3 1/2 years of Kung Fu San Soo, which is relevant to this conversation only in that it shows I'm serious about self defense but have also learned to evaluate threats and exercise self restraint. I have been told that I am cheerful and have a sense of humor (it may not look like it here!).

May I please have my own identity under "Dutiful Wife? I understand that your website recognizes our email address and says "Welcome Hoganbeg". Could it not say "Welcome Hoganbeg and then query "Hoganbeg"/ Dutiful Wife? So that I could be me?

Thank you for running a great website and for listening.

Dutiful Wife

" Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. We have tools designed to detect multiple accounts and, when discovered, we reserve the right to delete, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice."
    welder516, msgt/ret and archer51 like this.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    JD, Administrator,

I am Hoganbeg's wife. I have posted a few things on Hoganbeg's account. I always introduce myself as Hoganbeg's Dutiful Wife. I have become so fond of your website and the people on it that I would like to have my own identity as I do in the physical world. I understand that you do not want people having multiple user registrations so that they can flood the site with their opinions, but H. and I have only one computer with one email address.

I am an individual, I am female and I carry concealed. I am 72 and have a lot of life experience. I have had several different types of classes from outdoor long guns, proper pistol handling and shooting, how to respond if the house is broken into and how to behave in the presence of a policeman. I have had 3 1/2 years of Kung Fu San Soo, which is relevant to this conversation only in that it shows I'm serious about self defense but have also learned to evaluate threats and exercise self restraint. I have been told that I am cheerful and have a sense of humor (it may not look like it here!).

May I please have my own identity under "Dutiful Wife? I understand that your website recognizes our email address and says "Welcome Hoganbeg". Could it not say "Welcome Hoganbeg and then query "Hoganbeg"/ Dutiful Wife? So that I could be me?

Thank you for running a great website and for listening.

Dutiful Wife

" Each member is allowed one account. Multiple user account registrations for one individual are not permitted. We have tools designed to detect multiple accounts and, when discovered, we reserve the right to delete, revoke or merge any or all of these accounts, without further notice."

You're good to go stating your own account. We're pretty good about detecting the trouble makers and those that have legitimate accounts that may be associated with another pre-existing account.

If all else fails and we ask you about it, just remind us.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links