This is a discussion on Enter for a chance to win a Pair (2) of AR500 Armor Trauma Plate Advanced Shooters Cu within the Gearhog forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; AR500 Armor Trauma Plate Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) - 10"x12" Pair (2) Our Trauma Plates are cut from Armor Grade AR500 Steel with a typical ...
AR500 Armor Trauma Plate Advanced Shooters Cut (ASC) - 10"x12" Pair (2)
Our Trauma Plates are cut from Armor Grade AR500 Steel with a typical Brinell hardness of 500+. All edges are hand beveled to prevent wear and tear on your carrier. Each trauma plate is finished with an industrial enamel coating via a "cold" process as to not apply un-necessary heat in effort to preserve strength.
Rating: Stand alone, multi-hit capable, and bench tested to the same armor rating as Type III. Type III Armor will defeat rifles rounds up to 7.62x51/.308 @ 2780 ft/s.
Watch our Trauma Plate Test Videos Here
Size: 10" x 12" Advanced Shooters Cut | .25" Thick
Weight: 7.5lb per Trauma Plate
Maintenance: No maintenance or special storage required, opposed to other body armor alternatives
Cut: Advanced Shooters Cut - AR500 Body Armor ASC offers a slightly steeper angle on the right hand shoulder of the plate. This is to allow the operator to better accommodate the rifle stock and avoid having to place the stock high on your shoulder. These can be used for Front and Back plates and have no weak face.
• Shooters Cut allows operator to comfortably shoulder their rifle
• Shot Peened
• 10" x 12" provides maximum coverage allowing mobility while running, bending over and crouching
• Multi-Hit capable, the AR500 Armor test plate has over 100 rounds from various calibers
• We test our product
• Stand-Alone capable
• Beveled edges by hand
• Trauma Plates are hand sanded to remove rust and surface contaminants
• Aggressive price structure from in house manufacturing, we design and cut our own AR500 Armor
• Not coated through methods of additional heat to preserve integrity of the AR500 as it arrives from the mill
All AR500 Armor Trauma Plates are made in the USA
All of our armor has been manufactured 2012, and all of our plates are NEW production.