$79.99 for a 560 Lumens Rechargeable Flashlight from Keenwin

This is a discussion on $79.99 for a 560 Lumens Rechargeable Flashlight from Keenwin within the Gearhog forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; The Keenwin RC40 flashlight is the smaller sibling to the top of the line RC50. Powered by the Cree XM-L LED, the industry's brightest, highest-performance ...

Thread: $79.99 for a 560 Lumens Rechargeable Flashlight from Keenwin

Sponsor

$79.99 for a 560 Lumens Rechargeable Flashlight from Keenwin

The Keenwin RC40 flashlight is the smaller sibling to the top of the line RC50. Powered by the Cree XM-L LED, the industry's brightest, highest-performance lighting-class LED, the RC40 puts out a dazzling 560 lumens of light. The powerful 2200mAh Li-Ion battery combined with our proprietary constant current buck-boost circuitry gives a max runtime of 6hrs. Our cutting edge technology and quality, coupled with a sleek design and three different output modes (Low, High, SOS), make it a reliable companion for all your outdoor activities. The versatile mini-USB recharging port allows you to quickly and easily charge your flashlight from any available USB power source such as your computer or car adaptor. An A/C adaptor is also included. Warranty - 30-day free replacement and 2-year free repair to original owner.

* Can be charged with any USB power source (computer, a/c adaptor, car charger, etc.)
    * 3 modes (High, Low, SOS)
    * Max runtime 6 hrs / Beam distance 220 meters
    * Uses CREE XM-L LED with lifespan of 50,000 hours
    * Aircraft grade anodized aluminum body
    * Meets IPX-8 waterproof standard (2 meters for 30 minutes)
    * Powered by one 18650 Li-ion battery
    * Warranty ˇV 30 days free replacement, 2 years free repair

More...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    So what's your price? $79.99 + $8.99 shipping? It has only three settings including SOS. 500 lumens is tops, what's the low?
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    500 lumens is tops, what's the low?
    Cree's XM-L datasheet: click. Good for a rough estimate, though it'll depend on the driver and quality of components used by the maker.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Why do these things always seem to come in low - high - SOS mode? If I want a low power flashlight, I'll go to Walmart. If I want to flash SOS, I'll use my finger. If I buy a high power flashlight, I want it to be high power when I turn it on.

Nice deal thought. 560 lumens is tempting.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Cree's XM-L datasheet: click. Good for a rough estimate, though it'll depend on the driver and quality of components used by the maker.
    Good for you, ccw9mm, but I'm asking the lumen level of the low setting. Are you saying that there is a rough estimate of low setting somewhere on your link? I see that that sheet shows wavelengths and everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by F350_6 View Post
    Why do these things always seem to come in low - high - SOS mode? If I want a low power flashlight, I'll go to Walmart. If I want to flash SOS, I'll use my finger. If I buy a high power flashlight, I want it to be high power when I turn it on.

Nice deal thought. 560 lumens is tempting.
    My EDC light has four settings, and I use three regularly: high (default on @120lumens), medium/low (two quick presses @10lumens), and ultra-low (three quick presses @.03lumens). (The fourth is the "disorienting strobe" - meh). Three lights in one small fist-sized package is good engineering for practical use in my book.
    If I could boost the high to at least 200 lumens with an LED bulb replacement or something that my current dual 3v batteries could power (from its current high of 120), I'd be a happy camper.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)