$29 for the Concealed Carry Academy Online Course (70% off)

This is a discussion on $29 for the Concealed Carry Academy Online Course (70% off) within the Gearhog forums, part of the Site Sponsors category; The online course fulfills the training requirements for Virginia and Arizona. Combined, these two permits allow you to carry concealed in up to 36 states ...

Thread: $29 for the Concealed Carry Academy Online Course (70% off)

Sponsor

The online course fulfills the training requirements for Virginia and Arizona. Combined, these two permits allow you to carry concealed in up to 36 states

ConcealedCarryAcademy.com

This course consists of a training video that is less than 90 minutes long, and is followed by a simple 20-question quiz. Although 99% of people pass the quiz on their first try, those who don't, get to take the quiz again for free.

Once the video and quiz are completed, you'll be emailed your training certificates for both Virginia and Arizona.

Included with the course:
    * Free copy of my book, The Covert Guide to Concealed Carry: Confessions of a Former CIA Officer
    * Free 108-Point Home Security Checklist:
    * Free Defensive Pistol targets to help you become a better shooter
    * Special Report: 30-Day Urban Survival Guide: What you need to know to be self-sufficient for 30 days.
    * Special Report: Simple Home Defense Secrets That Could Save Your Life.
    * Special Report: 7 Ways to Keep Your Family Safer This Year
    * Free Expert Witness Voucher, where I will be an expert witness in your case for free if you ever have to use a gun to defend yourself.

Frequently Asked Questions

More...

Virginia and Arizona are mentioned. Does this course satisfy the requirements to apply for a nonresident permit in Minnesota? I did not see anything mentioned on the website.

Thanks

Wait so if I'm a Texas resident I can get a CHL for Arizona and Virgina by completing this online course? Then I should be legally allowed to carry concealed in Texas with those CHL permits from there? Seem s a bit odd to me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by humblenutto View Post
    Wait so if I'm a Texas resident I can get a CHL for Arizona and Virgina by completing this online course? Then I should be legally allowed to carry concealed in Texas with those CHL permits from there? Seem s a bit odd to me.
    This issue has been discussed here several times and I'm still uncertain that I know the answer.
    I had thought TX residents could not carry in TX except on a TX license. Others have posted
    the opposite viewpoint here, and it has been posted frequently enough that I'd tend to believe it.
    Fortunately, it is a non-issue for me as a TX resident because I have the TX permit.

As a matter of practicality and good common sense, it is my personal opinion that folks should have
    the license of their state of residence when carrying in their home state; and also have whatever
    works in states they might visit. Why? Because sooner or later, even if it is legal to carry on a
    non-resident permit in your own state, you will run into an officer who won't realize it and you'll
    get jammed up till things are sorted out. Also, IMO, if you are ineligible in your own state
    maybe you should think again about whether you should be carrying.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

RECIPROCITY is the word you're looking for. Many people living in Massachusetts take a Utah cfp class from an instructor certified in Utah but living and working in Mass. When I took my Utah cfp class, I sat through an additional 15 min. presentation on Arizona CC laws, which satisfies the requirement for my AZ cfp. It's all about reciprocity. I have my Utah cfp, which means I can legally carry in Texas.

Yah, you can carry here concealed with a Virgina CHL, but I thought if you were a Texas resident, that you still need a Texas CHL to carry. This is for residents only. Could be wrong.